My Timeline for Back and Hip Problems

well, I worked hard today and got a couple of people to finally work for me at the VA. I found out that Providence is suposedly averaging 74 days to process PEB's once they are accepted. I don't quite beilive that because my claim was submitted over 90 ago.

Anyways, I got them to fax me my Proposed Findings and she also told me over the phone what they were...
40%Refered and 80%VA.

Now I don't quite know how the process works 100% but i have read the manual a few billion times and its my understanding that the VA now sends my proposed ratings back to the PEB for their final agrement, and then forward the results back to me.

What I get out of all of that is that:
1 I have been found Unfit by the PEB ( VA wouldn't be coming up with ratings if I wasent unfit)
2 Should get Medically Retired (Assuming the PEB doesn't change the 40% for reffered conditions)
3 Will be getting paid the 80% regardless (If the VA proposes it, they are the one who pays me..their decision not PEBs)

Let me know what you guys think about Proposed Ratings, and whether or not I shooting in the right area.

the AMOUNT of money you recieve will depend on which is the higher dollar figure 40% of your high 3, 2.5xyears of service, or the 80% for the va-regardless however the dollar amount of the 80% is tax free. The PEB should agree with the VA as its law, and you will be retired congrats, once you get that fax can you let us know the breakdown?

Sure thing. I will get it posted as soon as it comes in.(up to 10 days)

As far as the Amount thing goes, can you break that down for me some more.

When you compare which i would get paid, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you talking either VA compensation or Retirment Compensation (whichever is higher)

If you have less than 20yrs and your injuries are not the result of combat/instrument of war than you will receive whichever amount is higher. IF your DOD retirement is the larger amount you get that amount but the va portion is tax free

i.e.
if 40% of your top 3 was $2000 you would get $2000 BUT the 80% va payment (1634 with spouse and two kids) would be tax free.

if 40% of your DOD was $500 you would get the 80% va payment (1634 with spouse and 2 kids) completely tax free.

Great news, But in your reference to top 3 are you talking months, years ....?

Also I got in the fax today, and it states everything i thought.

Unfit
40% unfitting
80% VA

Let me know if theres anything else you want to see, but its somewhat vauge. They do reference why they chose what percentege for each condiiton, but its basically a straight copy from the VASRD.

2012-10-25_07-07-08_880.jpg

Well unlike usual this went really quick. I guess when I did all the work to find info I struck the right nerve because this morning I get a phone call saying my results were in.

50% DOD
80% VA
PDRL

I sign tomorrow morning.

What should I be looking for/ concerned about.

Almost sounds to good to be true.

When I called the VA to get them to fax me my ratings they told me that they got an email stating they were not allowed to release ratings to SMs that were in the PEB process. Who did you talk to? I call every single day.

It took a bit, but I had to work through a couple people at the 800 number. Remember that there are a whole bunch of people that answer the phones for that single 800 number so you may end up talking to someone who hasn't seen that email.

Anyways, I told them that I was going out of area and my MSC and PEBLO wanted to go over it with them, but that I needed a copy to reference.

It worked.

Anyways, I go in to sign for acceptance of my IPEB findings tommorrow. Strangely fast as far as PEB processing, but overall I got hurt almost 2 years ago.

Well, I've now been waiting 3 weeks for a set of retirment orders. I have been told 15-21 days, but so far nothing.

Whats the average most navy sailors are waiting out there. I assume its longer due to them being retirement rather than seperation.

Also what is the difference between regular retirement and medical.

I know the obvious as far as pdrl goes and having less service, but what about Home of Choice, and other retirement benifits.

Sorry i zoned out of this thread, Congrats ont he retirement, I do not know how you physically feel but are you going to try for TDIU (individual unemployability) or SSDI? or voc rehab etc? Did you get a chanc to go through DTAP?

yeah, DTAP is done. If your pressumed to be over 20% the VA automatically enrolls you into a Voc Rehap APPT. So I will be using that for school. SSDI has already been applied for just waiting forever for an answer back.

I'm happy for the retirement, more ready to just move on to my own life now.....Still waiting though on orders

Ok, All done. 22DEC2012 retired. Now this whole ebenifits/compensation thing is being a pain. Im still waiting for disability pay. I was proposed 80% and everything was working quick and well, and now nothing. Everytime i call, uh....they are working on it .....im told.