Donxhill

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Dec 3rd 2011 Injured my shoulder
MAR 1st 2012 - 1ST LIMDU
APR 13th 2012 - Surgery w/ complications
Aug 1st 2012 - Limdu ends FWD to IDES
Aug 20th 2012 - Limdu Sent paperwork to command
Sep 3rd 2012- Command comments unfit to continue service fwd back to limdu office
Oct 15 2012 - Paperwork forwarded to DC awating fit or unfit

Ive been told that once my findings come back unfit i will be sent to the states.

Just to note there are no VA reps here in japan so no exams have been done just with the local navel hospital. I read alot of posts where you get the VA exams done before everything is submitted to DC? Does anyone knwo how long it takes to get orders after being found unfit?

MAR 1st 2012 - 1ST LIMDU
Sep 3rd 2012- Command comments unfit to continue service fwd back to limdu office
Oct 15th 2012 - Paperwork forwarded to DC awating fit or unfit
Oct 26th 2012 - Unfit findings From DC - forward to pers and wait for orders to conus

Dang, Don your case is extremely fast. What conditions were you put in for PEB?

I have alot of conditions listed but only 1 unfit

"cubital tunnel syndrome"

others

"Shoulder Joint pain"
"Instabality of shoulder region"
"Depression"
"Insomnia"
"Brachial neuritis"

I really keep everyone on the ball, i call atleast 2-3 times a week to see whats going on and ask why its not been moving. Now im trying to reach my detailers to see if i can get my orders asap

ok been a while since i updated this

MAR 1st 2012 - 1ST LIMDU
Oct 26th 2012 - Unfit findings From DC - forward to pers and wait for orders to conus
Dec 13th 2012 - Orders to CA fly out in 5 days​
Jan-Feb 2013 - Finished my S&P exams​
FEB 25th 2013 - Signed Narsum forward for %​

Items listed in in my NARSUM
*Depression
*Right Shoulder Strain ROM (flexion 45deg, abduction 30deg,int rotation to iliom, ext 5deg)
*Cervical strain
*Thoraccic Strain
*Tmj
*cubital tunnel syndrome

MAR 1st 2012 - 1ST LIMDU
Nov - Attend TAP and DTAP​
Dec 13th 2012 - Orders to CA fly out in 5 days​
Jan-Feb 2013 - Finished my S&P exams​
FEB 25th 2013 - Signed Narsum forward for %​

Base on your conditions you should get 30% from your branch and around 60-70% from the VA, give or take. Not bad numbers my friend. I just retired yesterday, 30% Navy and 100% VA. God Bless and wish you the best.

Don im in a very similar boat

By the way im currently in JP as well on Okinawa.

Injured Shoulder Nov 2011
placed on limdu1 june 2012
failed shoulder surgery july 2012
placed on limdu 2 dec 2012
signed and submited my OIDES package w/ NARSUM and NMA Feb 14 2013
now just awaiting results

Don please keep me posted on your progress i would like to see what eventually may happen to me. if you dont mind sharing the info. Are you on long term narcotic care for you pain management? i have so many questions for you. please feel free to PM me.

Just waiting now, the peblo says from the time i sign i can plan on 2-3 months left before everything is completed.
As for pain management I was on narco up until last month now i have a BioTENS2 that shocks my shoulder and disrupts the pain receptors.

Update: While still getting treatment found out the right shoulder strain is actually: will have to wait to submit this once my findings come back or is there a way to add this to the allready submitted documents
Glenoid Dysplasia; severe

just got my finding's back today 30% DOD 60% VA PDR been a long road but its all done now my retirement date is set for MAY 31st

just got my finding's back today 30% DOD 60% VA PDR been a long road but its all done now my retirement date is set for MAY 31st
thats awesome

Congratulations! This is great news! :)

Thus, enjoy your well-deserved and well-earned disability military retirement.

Best Wishes!