My timeline/Peterson AFB

I was under the impression that it's was 30% by itself.

I have been in for almost 14 years (June 10). I'm not happy with the 20%, but it is what it is.

For reference, I have arthritis in one hip....so only one joint affected, no ROM limitations, only painful movement. Although I do require a hip replacement but will not be given one until I am 50 (I'm 34)...and my prognosis is "poor". My 2nd unfitting condition is a rare heart condition called Long QT Syndrome...asymptomatic, no history of fainting/passing out, completed stress test at 10.10 METS with no symptoms, on a beta-blocker for prevention of Sudden Cardiac Arrest/fatal arrhythmia.

0% ratings include IBS, Migraines, Chronic ovarian cysts, and some other random things.
Thank you so much for sharing! All my best to you!

I'm sorry, autocorrect, I was under the impression that IBS was 30% by itself.

Just looked it up, you must have mild symptoms to recieve 0%

The day has come!!

20% DoD/20% VA

I have put a call in to OAC just to review, but I will more than likely be signing in agreement. I had 2 unfitting conditions, both rated at 10% each. For VA, I had an additional 7 conditions each rated at 0%.

Good luck to everyone else out there!!
Indeed, congratulations on the receipt of your IPEB findings! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Just looked it up, you must have mild symptoms to recieve 0%

I asked the OAC to look into it. The VA exam notes look contradictory to me.

Attachments

• 20170219_101727.jpg
    20170219_101727.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
I have been in for almost 14 years (June 10). I'm not happy with the 20%, but it is what it is.

For reference, I have arthritis in one hip....so only one joint affected, no ROM limitations, only painful movement. Although I do require a hip replacement but will not be given one until I am 50 (I'm 34)...and my prognosis is "poor". My 2nd unfitting condition is a rare heart condition called Long QT Syndrome...asymptomatic, no history of fainting/passing out, completed stress test at 10.10 METS with no symptoms, on a beta-blocker for prevention of Sudden Cardiac Arrest/fatal arrhythmia.

0% ratings include IBS, Migraines, Chronic ovarian cysts, and some other random things.
Did you decide what you were going to do?

Received the email from Myers about package being sent to dras on Jan 30. No word from anyone since them. I may try the providence phone number tomorrow.

Just checked my vets.gov and ebenefits and it was updated today to preparation for decision. So my timeline is looking like 8 Feb sent to PEB, 8 Mar sent to VA for ratings and possibly today or next couple of days ratings are going to be complete.

Received the email from Myers about package being sent to dras on Jan 30. No word from anyone since them. I may try the providence phone number tomorrow.
what is the phone number?

Hello all,

I new here and like most, trying to educate myself on the MEB process/receive guidance. (back story) Currently AD Army 17.5 yrs in, started having breathing problems upon return from AGH (2011). Went to sick call, given an inhaler and told to use and move out; refilled MEDS when required. I've been having breathing issues ever since. Fast forward to 2016, while taking an APFT (run portion), I completed the run but missed my time and fainted shortly after and sent to the mil DR (PLUM) to find out what was wrong. After going to the DR for about a year and being on TEMP (dead man) profile and pumped with multiple MEDS, I opted to see a CIV DR. I went to the CIV DR for about four months and was eventually diagnosed with Asthma & COPD. Here is where things get tricky....I was given a P2 profile (modified APFT/walk), and shortly after PCS'd (2017), upon my arrival at new duty station, I was informed that I have an "illegal" profile due to the fact that upon diagnoses, I was "supposed" to go through the MED board process. My assumption is that because I was being seen & diagnosed by a CIV DR, my unit PA found a work around for the profile; keep in mind my CIV DR prescribe and had me taking xolair (injections), Advair and spariva (maybe misspelled). Now my new unit is preparing for deployment and now my unit is concerned and have asked how was I allowed to leave my last duty station. My question to the group is what are the chances that a MED Board will be initiated this time around? Also, I don't mind leaving early either, six deployments already with a possible seventh on the horizon isn't that much appealing. Thank in advance.

Hello all,

I new here and like most, trying to educate myself on the MEB process/receive guidance. (back story) Currently AD Army 17.5 yrs in, started having breathing problems upon return from AGH (2011). Went to sick call, given an inhaler and told to use and move out; refilled MEDS when required. I've been having breathing issues ever since. Fast forward to 2016, while taking an APFT (run portion), I completed the run but missed my time and fainted shortly after and sent to the mil DR (PLUM) to find out what was wrong. After going to the DR for about a year and being on TEMP (dead man) profile and pumped with multiple MEDS, I opted to see a CIV DR. I went to the CIV DR for about four months and was eventually diagnosed with Asthma & COPD. Here is where things get tricky....I was given a P2 profile (modified APFT/walk), and shortly after PCS'd (2017), upon my arrival at new duty station, I was informed that I have an "illegal" profile due to the fact that upon diagnoses, I was "supposed" to go through the MED board process. My assumption is that because I was being seen & diagnosed by a CIV DR, my unit PA found a work around for the profile; keep in mind my CIV DR prescribe and had me taking xolair (injections), Advair and spariva (maybe misspelled). Now my new unit is preparing for deployment and now my unit is concerned and have asked how was I allowed to leave my last duty station. My question to the group is what are the chances that a MED Board will be initiated this time around? Also, I don't mind leaving early either, six deployments already with a possible seventh on the horizon isn't that much appealing. Thank in advance.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hello and no worries! In order to prevent the hijacking of OP's thread, and to potentially receive greater dissemination for feedback of your specific inquiry, I would suggest that you start a new thread with your own PEB Forum information. Afterwards, other PEB Forum members shall hopefully respond to your specific inquiry as annotated above. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!