My Timeline Question

love2fap

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good day and thanks for taking the time to read this. Im really trying to get some insight on my status and when i might hear back. To clarify, Im active duty and my status on ebenefits is Pending Decision approval, development letter sent for quite some time. my VA claim was submitted 08/2017, and my primary care doctor sent up my med board packet 11/2017. Im asking because its been awhile and im really trying to apply for jobs and such, but i cant without an anticipated discharge date(cant start work if i dont know when ill be able to start). I just submitted a request for status updates through the VA's 'ask a question' link and am awaiting an email response. I called my PEBLO and he said just keep waiting. i claimed 13 items, guessing thats a lot and could make the process longer with the evidence provided as well.

my question is: does anybody have any insight on a timeframe of when i might get out? i know its all circumstantial, but any ballpark guidance or insight is appreciated. thanks in advance!

also, i tried checking my VA benefits letter and it doesnt show anything(i heard that was a trick to checking ratings even though the status may not show complete). and for some reason on my NMA my command selected "wishes to continue active duty" even though i never said that and im most likely to be found unfit for duty.

also, i tried checking my VA benefits letter and it doesnt show anything(i heard that was a trick to checking ratings even though the status may not show complete). and for some reason on my NMA my command selected "wishes to continue active duty" even though i never said that and im most likely to be found unfit for duty.

I’m Navy, but if it helps I have a pretty similar timeline (started 8/17, package sent up mid October). As of December, the board still hadn’t even accepted my package, saying there was a big backlog of cases. They told me to call back after the first of the year so I’ll be checking into it tomorrow. Hope you hear something soon, it’s pretty frustrating, especially the job search process.

I’m Navy, but if it helps I have a pretty similar timeline (started 8/17, package sent up mid October). As of December, the board still hadn’t even accepted my package, saying there was a big backlog of cases. They told me to call back after the first of the year so I’ll be checking into it tomorrow. Hope you hear something soon, it’s pretty frustrating, especially the job search process.

thanks and yeah i tried calling today when i found the number, but they were already closed. ill try again and post an update if they say anything new.

Here's the DC number for PEB and they may be able to tell you where you're at in the process. Remember these guys don't have to tell you anything so courtesy is key. (202)685-6422 and 6419.

thanks ill try that after the long weekend. I did try calling the VA again and got a guy who was in the middle of telling me "your proposed rating is 9-" and my phone cut the call. i called back twice to try and get the same guy but the other two reps wouldnt tell me shit. so maybe an unconfirmed 90%? not sure if thats dod/va though either.

thanks ill try that after the long weekend. I did try calling the VA again and got a guy who was in the middle of telling me "your proposed rating is 9-" and my phone cut the call. i called back twice to try and get the same guy but the other two reps wouldnt tell me shit. so maybe an unconfirmed 90%? not sure if thats dod/va though either.

Have you confirmed the date that your PEB case was accepted on MOL? Also, do you have any historical claims on Ebenefits? Or closed claims on vets.gov? You won't have a proposed rating until your claim goes historical, which signifies when the VA is done processing your proposed rating and sends it back to the PEB. So if your claim hasn't closed yet, then you probably don't have a proposed rating just yet.

Have you confirmed the date that your PEB case was accepted on MOL? Also, do you have any historical claims on Ebenefits? Or closed claims on vets.gov? You won't have a proposed rating until your claim goes historical, which signifies when the VA is done processing your proposed rating and sends it back to the PEB. So if your claim hasn't closed yet, then you probably don't have a proposed rating just yet.

i remember seeing the PEB had accepted the case, however i deleted the message on MOL forever ago. is there another way i can pull up the date? no historical claims yet, but it has been pending decision approval for what seems like a month(holiday periods i guess). i would assume if its pending approval then perhaps a proposed claim has been made? i will call the PEB via another reply on here tomorrow, im guessing its closed today for MLK day. thanks, i appreciate your insight. from what ive been seeing in peoples timelines on here, it takes an average of 2 months once it goes to the VA. my two months would be yesterday, but it includes the christmas leave block also.

edit-is there also a way i can find out if i was determined unfit? i dont recall being notified. however i guess i would be notified if found fit by now and my claim wouldnt be so far in the process. just guessing.

My claim showed Pending Decision Approval for the entire duration of the PEB phase, so it doesn't really mean a whole lot. At the bottom of your BIR you should be able to see if it says Y PEB CASE ACCEPTED and I believe it has the date. Not everyone gets notified when they are found unfit. My MSC happened to call me when my case was received at the VA, but that doesn't happen for everyone. You could always call the PEB to find out if they have sent your case to the VA. A lot of the time they won't flat out say you are unfit. But if they say they sent your case to the VA for ratings, then that indicates that you are unfit.

My claim showed Pending Decision Approval for the entire duration of the PEB phase, so it doesn't really mean a whole lot. At the bottom of your BIR you should be able to see if it says Y PEB CASE ACCEPTED and I believe it has the date. Not everyone gets notified when they are found unfit. My MSC happened to call me when my case was received at the VA, but that doesn't happen for everyone. You could always call the PEB to find out if they have sent your case to the VA. A lot of the time they won't flat out say you are unfit. But if they say they sent your case to the VA for ratings, then that indicates that you are unfit.

Thanks. It says exactly that, Y/PEB 11/14/17

what's a BIR? I'm navy. can I see the Y on ebennies?

Here's the DC number for PEB and they may be able to tell you where you're at in the process. Remember these guys don't have to tell you anything so courtesy is key. (202)685-6422 and 6419.

courteous is my middle name! just called. they said it got to the VA Jan 2. 01/02/2018. the nice lady said it would take about a month at the VA once it gets there.

I'll check NSIPS. Maybe that will have it. Thanks

Ok guys my claim went Historical and says complete. "Complete" is all it says.

Ok guys my claim went Historical and says complete. "Complete" is all it says.

from what i read here, expect a couple weeks for them to kick it down to the PEB and a couple more to get it to your PEBLO and for you to sign off on. congratulations. now what was your timeline like lol

I callled The Ebennies number and they said the packet has been mailed to me. Other then that she couldn't tell me if the info had been mailed to the PEB also.