My Timeline So Far Fort Bragg

Update: Just met with my PEBLO about 20 minutes ago to get my 199 and compensation worksheet. Meeting with legal this Thursday, 27 June and the PEBLO again so I can sign my 199.

Update: Just met with my PEBLO about 20 minutes ago to get my 199 and compensation worksheet. Meeting with legal this Thursday, 27 June and the PEBLO again so I can sign my 199.
Congrats on the last leg of the race ! my stuff just closed yesterday on Va.gov so hopefully Ill be in your shoes in a few weeks. Hope your findings were what you were expecting.

So here's my timeline guys, I hope y'alls get movin as fast as mine has:

Referral: 20FEB
MEB: 25FEB
QTC Exams: 28FEB-05APR (Additional appointment was needed)
Narsum sent: 01MAY
Found Unfit: 15MAY
VA Ratings: Closed 07JUN
Meeting PEBLO to review the 199: 24JUN @1500 (would've went in today but he's on leave until Monday. I called him right as he was about to call me. He went in just to check on things real quick.)

I just hope I don't have to appeal anything because that seems to be one of the longer steps that people go through. Good luck to y'all and may the IDES gods be in your favor.

Update: Got my 199 yesterday. Meet with legal tomorrow and then meet with PEBLO Thursday

Timeline 2.PNG

This is my timeline:

Got all my ratings, but I'm waiting for another response from the PEB again.

IPEB Recommended disposition: The board finds the Soldier is physically unfit and recommends a rating of 10% and the soldier's disposition be separated with severance pay.

Disability is permanent and stable.

IPEB Administrative determinations: The disability severance pay was not awarded for a disability incurred in a combat zone or incurred while performing combat-related operations as designated by the Secretary of Defense.

IPEB Instructions and advisory statements: The Soldier's combined disability rating is less than 30%. However, the Soldier qualifies for permanent disability retirement based on the Soldier having 20 years of Active Federal Service. Received 100% disability from the VA.

PEBLO recommends: Ask the PEB to change "separated with severance pay" to "separated with permanent and total"? This is a simple administrative change. I have been waiting since 11 JUN 19 for a response from the PEB. Appears not to be a simple change as the PEBLO makes it sound.

Questions:
Why isn't the disposition separated w/P & T from day one? Looks confusing to give a Soldier w/20 years of AFS a severance pay.

What regulation/SOP determines it should be P & T?

View attachment 3932

This is my timeline:

IPEB Recommended disposition: The board finds the Soldier is physically unfit and recommends a rating of 10% and the soldier's disposition be separated with severance pay.

IPEB Administrative determinations: The disability severance pay was not awarded for a disability incurred in a combat zone or incurred while performing combat-related operations as designated by the Secretary of Defense.

IPEB Instructions and advisory statements: The Soldier's combined disability rating is less than 30%. However, the Soldier qualifies for permanent disability retirement based on the Soldier having 20 years of Active Federal Service. Received 100% disability from the VA.

PEBLO recommends: Ask the PEB to change "separated with severance pay" to "separated with permanent and total"? This is a simple administrative change. I have been waiting since 11 JUN 19 for a response from the PEB. Appears not to be a simple change as the PEBLO makes it sound.

Questions:
Why isn't the disposition separated w/P & T from day one? Looks confusing to give a Soldier w/20 years of AFS a severance pay.

I’m sorry I don’t know too much about that situation. Maybe you can reach out to one of the forum veterans or founders for clarity. Good luck.

Update: I signed my 199 yesterday.Everything went good and all of my paperwork was correct. I got my V codes so VA won’t recoup and GOV won’t tax my severance pay. I went to transition to complete my packet to get my separation orders. I am targeting 26 July. They said my “date” wasn’t in yet and try to call them on Monday to turn in my packet. Side note: they told me if my packet was complete yesterday I could be out as early as 16 July if I wanted.

How long it usually takes to get a letter of release after signing 199?

View attachment 3932

This is my timeline:

Questions:

Question. So you were found unfit even though you at 20 years of service? My doc keeps telling me that I should be found fit simply because I have over 19 years of service, even though my issues are unfitting. I'm personally hoping for a unfit finding.

Question. So you were found unfit even though you at 20 years of service? My doc keeps telling me that I should be found fit simply because I have over 19 years of service, even though my issues are unfitting. I'm personally hoping for a unfit finding.
Job...that’s definitely false information. Years of service has nothing to do with being found fit/unfit. I’m at 20 years at the end of July and I was just found unfit last week.

Job...that’s definitely false information. Years of service has nothing to do with being found fit/unfit. I’m at 20 years at the end of July and I was just found unfit last week.
Stupid autocorrect...jhb

After Singing DA 199,is my peblo who will contact me or should I try contacting transition unit?

You can be found unfit, but reduced to serve until ETS - I don't know of anyone personally but there is stories among these forums of people being rated and disabled but the PEB decision was recommended that the member serve until ETS or approved retirement. That's what I am hoping for, I have 13 months until a good 20 yr retirement, but I am also on the back end of my MEB.

You can be found unfit, but reduced to serve until ETS - I don't know of anyone personally but there is stories among these forums of people being rated and disabled but the PEB decision was recommended that the member serve until ETS or approved retirement. That's what I am hoping for, I have 13 months until a good 20 yr retirement, but I am also on the back end of my MEB.
Were you found unfit?

Update:
Got my Transproc date yesterday. Going to turn in my packet tomorrow after I get my DA31 signed by my BC and i'll be out of here 1AUG. I'd like it to be sooner, but the way Corvias is set up, I'd have to pay them for this month's BAH if I don't wait until 1AUG. Hope y'all are pushing along great in this process. I know it can be demoralizing, but just hang in there.

Also, keep calling the Transition office everyday after signing your 199, because they won't contact you right away. 910-432-7472 (Bragg's Transition Office). You'll give them your social and they'll check to see if your date is in or not.