May 24th - MEB referred
June 17th - C&P exams complete
July 30th - MEB concludes
August 2nd - PEB Accepts package
September 16th - Board concluded found unfit
October 9th - Sent to VA
October 18th - VA complete, Forwarded to PEB
October 21st - PEB receives package
Nov 4th - Peblo had proposed ratings. Package is In Q&A before being sent back to me.
Dec 2nd - findings received, signed and sent back to PEB
Dec 9th - MMSR4 received index
Dec 10th - EAS posted for Jan 30th.
Dec 11th - Finished separation requirements, Terminal starts Dec 19th.

Inveniam

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Did anyone actually get the proposed ratings letter from the VA. I didn't. I called the VA today and was told that they weren't going to send it.

Gunnerb

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Did anyone actually get the proposed ratings letter from the VA. I didn't. I called the VA today and was told that they weren't going to send it.
No, I emailed my PEBLO and she emailed my my proposed number, but not the letter. VA doesn’t send the letter until after they finalize your rating after you get out. You will get a copy when you meet your Peblo to make your election.

wabrun12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Update.

My Timeline
May 24th - MEB referred
June 17th - C&P exams complete
July 30th - MEB concludes
August 2nd - PEB Accepts package
September 16th - Board concluded found unfit
October 9th - Sent to VA
October 18th - VA complete, Forwarded to PEB
October 21st - PEB receives package
Nov 4th - Peblo had proposed ratings. Package is In Q&A before being sent back to me.
Dec 2nd - findings received, signed and sent back to PEB
Dec 9th - MMSR4 received index
Dec 10th - EAS posted for Jan 30th.
Dec 11th - Finished separation requirements, Terminal starts Dec 19th.
They wouldn’t let me take any leave days. Only PTAD so my terminal starts December 25th. I have no idea how that’s going to work. Do you know what the SEPS/TAMPS form that you have to complete is?

wabrun12

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Did you have all your stuff completed? Outbound interview, SBP, SBP cert from Marine Net, Capstone, CO interview etc?
I had no idea what any of that was until I got my EAS. Wasn’t really informed of anything throughout the whole process.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I had no idea what any of that was until I got my EAS. Wasn’t really informed of anything throughout the whole process.
That’s probably why they won’t let you go. I had all that stuff completed. But i think it’s up to your command to accept your days when you submit your outbound interview on MoL

Johnday46

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
UPDATED TIMELINE:
July 11 2019 med board referral

July 15 met with peblo/ Des legal brief

July 21st-22nd c&p exams completed

August 30-signed my package and sent to PEB

September 6- case accepted by PEB

September 20-called PEB said it’s with the board as of the 16th

October 11th- called PEB, was told package has been reviewed and is with quality assurance before being sent to VA.

October 24th- Package sent to VA.

November 8th- Case closed on VA.Gov

December 18th- Findings signed getting medically retired. Now awaiting new eas.

hang in there !

Inveniam

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
UPDATED TIMELINE:
July 11 2019 med board referral

July 15 met with peblo/ Des legal brief

July 21st-22nd c&p exams completed

August 30-signed my package and sent to PEB

September 6- case accepted by PEB

September 20-called PEB said it’s with the board as of the 16th

October 11th- called PEB, was told package has been reviewed and is with quality assurance before being sent to VA.

October 24th- Package sent to VA.

November 8th- Case closed on VA.Gov

December 18th- Findings signed getting medically retired. Now awaiting new eas.

hang in there !
I'm jealous. Med Board referral two months before you and PEB accepted over a month before you.

afterburntout

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Straight up, pretty upset right now. This whole process has taken way to damn long. I was told Nov. 22 in about 20 days I could get a call to come sign my ratings. Guaranteed it’s going to take until the week of Jan6 to even get them. Also, how the hell does MMSR decide your EAS? Anyway to speed that up after you sign?

rantcasey

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Straight up, pretty upset right now. This whole process has taken way to damn long. I was told Nov. 22 in about 20 days I could get a call to come sign my ratings. Guaranteed it’s going to take until the week of Jan6 to even get them. Also, how the hell does MMSR decide your EAS? Anyway to speed that up after you sign?
You have a right to be pissed. USMC always getting fucked for no real reason, just cause and we don't get looked after and told to suck it the fuck up. We get the shitty civ help too. Informal PEB took 90 days for me, that is just for them to get it to the VA. VA took 37 days to spit out ratings back to PEB. PEB then took 42 days to get it to the PEBLO and the PEBLO sat on it for 5 days until my CO called her boss and then it got sent to me. Its so fucked right now. I signed it, and the PEBLO should sign it and send it up to the PEB, but who knows when she'll do her job, and when the PEB will do theirs for MMR4 to do theirs.

Inveniam

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
At this point I am wondering what the record is for the PEB process. As of 31 Dec 2019, I am at the following:
Days since VA completed ratings: 46
Days since PEB accepted package: 151
Days since MEB referral: 230
Days since initial injury appointment: 1,794

afterburntout

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
At this point I am wondering what the record is for the PEB process. As of 31 Dec 2019, I am at the following:
Days since VA completed ratings: 46
Days since PEB accepted package: 151
Days since MEB referral: 230
Days since initial injury appointment: 1,794
My MSGT. Called my peblo a couple days ago, and she told him they only have 1 DOD Rater for the entire PEB process. For some reason, I don’t believe that for a damn second

Inveniam

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My MSGT. Called my peblo a couple days ago, and she told him they only have 1 DOD Rater for the entire PEB process. For some reason, I don’t believe that for a damn second
There should be a DOD rater if all they do for DOD rating is take only the VA rating for the referred conditions.

rantcasey

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If my proposal ratings are 80dod 90va, can be change on the final ratings?
If it were me, I would stick it out. Your at 90% with VA. Most likely you've been short changed somewhere. Push for it to get 100% VA, while your in this process, you have the most weight and strength to push on them for it, besides years down the road when a condition worsens then you can, but until then and now, it would make a huge financial difference. This is the rest of your life type deal, it would be of the highest importance to get the highest you can. DOD, I don't think they will budge.

Alexandra32

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If it were me, I would stick it out. Your at 90% with VA. Most likely you've been short changed somewhere. Push for it to get 100% VA, while your in this process, you have the most weight and strength to push on them for it, besides years down the road when a condition worsens then you can, but until then and now, it would make a huge financial difference. This is the rest of your life type deal, it would be of the highest importance to get the highest you can. DOD, I don't think they will budge.
Well the papers says that I’m permanent disability retirement. What’s that means????

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">