My Timeline so far...

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No, I'm AF. MyPers is the site that has all pertinent info about your career. It may be an AF thing only.

Backwoods432

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No problem, My PEBLO told me on July 24th that the PEB found me unfit, I called the PEB on September 4th and they told me they released my findings to my PEBLO on September 3rd. Called my PEBLO that day and he told me he can't help me but he also wouldn't even try to look up my case so I am just sitting her waiting for a phone call. Thankfully the PEB told me what my findings were so I am not as stressed out anymore.
Hey, how long after the VA sent your findings to the PEB did it take until you were able to sign them? Also, have you gotten a new EAS? If so how did that work? I just talked to the VA and found out my findings and am now trying to figure out what to expect now timeline wise

BIGTASTY

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just received my findings today and I already signed them. The PEB told me they released them on Sept 3 and it took almost 2 weeks for me to officially have them, I don’t understand why it takes them that much time to get them to us but it is what it is. I was told it would be 15-20 days until my EAS would be updated.

Inveniam

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Update: I called the PEB today and they said that they had boarded me on Sep 11. I asked about a determination but they said I had to call my PEBLO. I called my PEBLO and she said that the PEB still had it because they had returned it for more information (saying that they couldn't read the NMA). Has anyone reached this point? This places me in limbo as I am not allowed to have surgery until the PEB process is complete.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Update: I called the PEB today and they said that they had boarded me on Sep 11. I asked about a determination but they said I had to call my PEBLO. I called my PEBLO and she said that the PEB still had it because they had returned it for more information (saying that they couldn't read the NMA). Has anyone reached this point? This places me in limbo as I am not allowed to have surgery until the PEB process is complete.
I called and was told i was boarded on September 16th which was 2 weeks ago but they couldn’t tell me if i was found fit or unfit, guess I’ll have to wait for my Peblo.

rantcasey

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I called and was told i was boarded on September 16th which was 2 weeks ago but they couldn’t tell me if i was found fit or unfit, guess I’ll have to wait for my Peblo.
PEB is taking roughly 17-20 days to process paperwork once the last medical officer reviews and signs. their pretty backed up.

when I spoke with them, I was found unfit Sept 3rd when the last doc signed off on it. they sent it to VA on the 23rd, I called va to confirm, they cannot it is with the DRAS department. I don't know where to call to verify but that's were i'm at. based on the other messages across the forums, it takes 1-2 weeks for turn around with DRAS, which is within the 20 day window set forth by the new timeline directive. I'll just be checking VA.gov everyday to see for any updates and MOL.

No one cares about you but you, its shit, but that's how life is with everything. just don't fall into the trap of what people should be doing, and think and do it yourself like any other day in the corps.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
PEB is taking roughly 17-20 days to process paperwork once the last medical officer reviews and signs. their pretty backed up.

when I spoke with them, I was found unfit Sept 3rd when the last doc signed off on it. they sent it to VA on the 23rd, I called va to confirm, they cannot it is with the DRAS department. I don't know where to call to verify but that's were i'm at. based on the other messages across the forums, it takes 1-2 weeks for turn around with DRAS, which is within the 20 day window set forth by the new timeline directive. I'll just be checking VA.gov everyday to see for any updates and MOL.

No one cares about you but you, its shit, but that's how life is with everything. just don't fall into the trap of what people should be doing, and think and do it yourself like any other day in the corps.
when i called they couldn’t tell me my Fit or unfit determination and told me to contact my Peblo, i called him and he said it’sstill with the PEB. When your stuff went to the VA was their a message on MOL?

Backwoods432

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
when i called they couldn’t tell me my Fit or unfit determination and told me to contact my Peblo, i called him and he said it’sstill with the PEB. When your stuff went to the VA was their a message on MOL?
No message when it’s sent to the VA sadly

Johnday46

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My package was sent up August 30th, should I try to see if I was found fit/unfit or wait another month or 2

afterburntout

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey guys, so I called the PEB and they said “your package will be sent up to the VA it’s at the QA department at the moment” what does that mean?

Johnday46

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Okay gotcha if it’s being sent to the VA you were most likely found unfit from what I’ve read. My package was sent August 30th. I haven’t heard anything yet.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey guys, so I called the PEB and they said “your package will be sent up to the VA it’s at the QA department at the moment” what does that mean?
It’s looking like it takes them 2-3 weeks after they make a decision to actually send the package to the VA. To many packages i guess.

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It’s looking like it takes them 2-3 weeks after they make a decision to actually send the package to the VA. To many packages i guess.
It's asinine that we are just put into this 'hold pattern' during the ratings process. My VA.gov status hasn't been updated since before i was sent to PEB(early Aug)...i called my PEBLO for an update and she told that i was found unfit and sent to VA for ratings(Sept 6)...I've heard nothing since from anyone. There has got to be a better way to keep us informed... Real-Time updates or something. At least the Army has an IDES tracking system...the AF needs to wake the hell up and help their people not go completely crazy during this process. I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind waiting for the unknowns!!

Patriots6

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It's asinine that we are just put into this 'hold pattern' during the ratings process. My VA.gov status hasn't been updated since before i was sent to PEB(early Aug)...i called my PEBLO for an update and she told that i was found unfit and sent to VA for ratings(Sept 6)...I've heard nothing since from anyone. There has got to be a better way to keep us informed... Real-Time updates or something. At least the Army has an IDES tracking system...the AF needs to wake the hell up and help their people not go completely crazy during this process. I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind waiting for the unknowns!!
Yea it would be nice to be able to track it somehow rather than keep calling everywhere to find amswers. Atleast you know your unfit i still haven’t even gotten that answer yet. I can only imagine how long it’s going to be at the VA once it actually gets sent there.

pharmphresh12

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I wish the IDES dashboard was helpful. It updates once weekly and when I say update, it doesn’t. I’ve been in the MEB phase the entire time and I’m currently waiting on ratings. I think the main reason the ratings take so long to get back is that it touches so many different hands. PEB to VA back to PEB then to PEBLO. Add in the case load for each individual... it just takes time. Maybe they should be coded as separate steps with a mandatory report to each Soldier? This would increase the turn around time.

I would rather have it done sooner than have a continuous update and take longer.

afterburntout

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Can someone please explain this to me?? I called the PEB and they gave me info saying my package is at the pre QA phase before it gets sent to the VA. However, when I called my PEBLO and Attorney they tell me there isn't a fitness determination. How does this even make sense?

Goz

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
From what I have gathered, and from personal experience. I did not ever know I was unfit until my ratings came back. Some receive that information while others do not. Basically as soon as the peb meets they will decide your outcome. If you are fit you will be returned to duty. If you are found unfit they send your package for ratings. Also the peblo very well may not have the most update information until the peb informs them. As soon as the peblo is informed they notify you. It is just a huge waiting game and a lot of uncertainty until you finally receive your determination. Good luck, and I hope you get the results you are looking for.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">