My Timeline so far...

Goz

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If that came from the Peb then absolutely. The Peb is only going to send it to the Va if you are found unfit. If you are found fit you will be returned to duty and your Ides/Meb will be closed as well as the Va portion. You will then have to refile with the Va for your disability claim. Hope this helps..

rantcasey

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
when i called they couldn’t tell me my Fit or unfit determination and told me to contact my Peblo, i called him and he said it’sstill with the PEB. When your stuff went to the VA was their a message on MOL?
There has been no update on MOL for me at all so far.

rantcasey

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
@Goz So I should take the PEB's word when they said its getting sent to the VA here shortly then?
Last I spoke to PEB, I was told its a 17 day wait between being found unfit and being sent electronically to the VA. Most likely I'm guessing its a mix of medical documentation, admin documentation, scanning etc... and just slow clerks using government computers and scanners, who then have to send it to the VA. All the while there is a back up. I spoke to them in mid SEPT 2019.

Once it gets sent, it goes to DRAS, its a department within VA who takes the medical information and the VA forms you filled out and produce ratings.

VA then send those ratings back to the PEB, who then makes DOD ratings.

PEB then sends it to the PEBLO. Peblo is in the dark until then, and i'm pretty sure will not reach out on their own to get you information.

DTM-18-004 July 30, 2018 is the IDES timeline goals, and explains the whole process without confusion.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Last I spoke to PEB, I was told its a 17 day wait between being found unfit and being sent electronically to the VA. Most likely I'm guessing its a mix of medical documentation, admin documentation, scanning etc... and just slow clerks using government computers and scanners, who then have to send it to the VA. All the while there is a back up. I spoke to them in mid SEPT 2019.

Once it gets sent, it goes to DRAS, its a department within VA who takes the medical information and the VA forms you filled out and produce ratings.

VA then send those ratings back to the PEB, who then makes DOD ratings.

PEB then sends it to the PEBLO. Peblo is in the dark until then, and i'm pretty sure will not reach out on their own to get you information.

DTM-18-004 July 30, 2018 is the IDES timeline goals, and explains the whole process without confusion.
How longdoes it sit back at the PEB after the VA sends it back?

Johnday46

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Quick question my package was submitted to the PEB 30 August, accepted on mol 6 September, haven’t heard anything and my va.gov says evidence gathering, review, and decision. Do you think my package has already been looked at already and is on its way to the VA

Cgh1991

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Quick question my package was submitted to the PEB 30 August, accepted on mol 6 September, haven’t heard anything and my va.gov says evidence gathering, review, and decision. Do you think my package has already been looked at already and is on its way to the VA
‭Call them to find out. In my experience they’ve been better about answering calls. To give you a reference point mine was at the PEB initially for 8 weeks before a determination was made.

‭(202) 685-6422‬ - PEB

Johnday46

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks I will give it until the end of this month to start asking questions About my status. Been staying busy in the meantime to pass the time

rantcasey

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
been at the VA for more than 28 days?
I'm not sure, I'm 12 days behind to you, as of today i'm 17 days into DRAS. PEB sent mine to them on the 20th of sept to them. Reading over the forums though for the past few years of postings. VA.gov or va benefits will not post your results. My plan today was to call PEB to see if they had gotten anything back from VA and to search the forums for the DRAS phone number in RI, to 1. if they have my case, and 2. if theres any issues.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm not sure, I'm 12 days behind to you, as of today i'm 17 days into DRAS. PEB sent mine to them on the 20th of sept to them. Reading over the forums though for the past few years of postings. VA.gov or va benefits will not post your results. My plan today was to call PEB to see if they had gotten anything back from VA and to search the forums for the DRAS phone number in RI, to 1. if they have my case, and 2. if theres any issues.
i believe your a few weeks ahead of me. But it’s been 21 days since i was boarded i plan on calling the PEB today. Hopefully i have a good update

afterburntout

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey good morning fellas, so my update looks like this-

PEBLO sent my docs - Aug 12
PEB Phone call update - (was told its in the QA process before getting sent to the VA.) September 25th
PEB update - Still at QA process Oct. 7th

the QA process seems to be taking a while. But I was told it’s out of the adjudication phase which after my research means I’m Unfit.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
called the PEB , my stuff was sent to the VA this morning.

Cgh1991

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
been at the VA for more than 28 days?
No, mine took two days at the VA. I’m in the post QA-phase (completed after the VA). I spoke to the PEB again today and they said they had around 600 packages in the post QA-phase and that it is taking longer than anticipated.

Backwoods432

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
No, mine took two days at the VA. I’m in the post QA-phase (completed after the VA). I spoke to the PEB again today and they said they had around 600 packages in the post QA-phase and that it is taking longer than anticipated.
Did they give you an anticipated date or a timeline? Also when did your package go back to the PEB after the VA?

Cgh1991

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Did they give you an anticipated date or a timeline? Also when did your package go back to the PEB after the VA?
My ratings were finished on the 5th of September and the PEB said they received it on the 6th. I hit the 28 day mark last Thursday but they said today it would be 2-2.5 weeks until i receive my package.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My ratings were finished on the 5th of September and the PEB said they received it on the 6th. I hit the 28 day mark last Thursday but they said today it would be 2-2.5 weeks until i receive my package.
wow 28 days after the PEB got it back.. that’s insane.

Patriots6

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
VA took two days. I feel like that’s uncharacteristic lol you must have got lucky

Patriots6

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
VA finally has my stuff as of today Oct 8. PEB told me i should have my ratings back from VA&PEB in about 2 months.. that seems a bit long hopefully he’s just over shooting it.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">