1st LIMDU: Aug 28, 2008
2nd Shoulder Injury: Aug 2011
2nd LIMDU: Jan 3, 2012
3rd LIMDU: Jul 4, 2012
MEB Initiated: Aug 28, 2012
VA MSC Counseling: Sep 5, 2012
1st VA Physical: Sep 20, 2012
DTAP: Sep 24, 2012

So this is what I have gone through and have scheduled. Anyone have any idea of what to expect from here on out. I am going through Portsmouth and I heard they are going pretty quick. I was told my dictation has already been completed but I can't see it. Just wondering is that the same as the NARSUM?? Any help would be appreciated.

I have been in PT since the beginning of June (4th time doing PT). The therapists have done everything they can and it is just not getting better. It is my dominant side. It seems like my pain is constant then a lot worse when I try to lift my arm over my head also I have numbness in my right hand. Then I have claimed B/L foot pain, B/L wrist pain (ROM about 40 degrees on both sides), headaches, back pain, allergies, hair loss, scares (didn't know I could claim the last 3 but ok) and chest pains. I am know it is almost certain the I am going to get Severance and I am ok with that. Just wondering what the VA might give me.

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
UPDATE:

Just left the my Doc that did my surgery for a follow up. He told me the problems I am having with my arm and shoulder seems to be due to a bulging disk between C-5 and C-6. I have to schedule and MRI to prove it but can anyone help me if this may go on my Unfitting conditions or if it is just going to be another VA condition.

Thanks

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
UPDATE!!

Finished my C&P Exams on 20 Sep. Now it is 2 Oct. Anyone have any idea on how long it should take for my NARSUM so I can sign it??

Stingray

Registered Member
If your new condition is found unfit for military service then it can be included in the narsum if you havnt approved it yet. My original p3 profile was for crohn's and the week of the narsum my meb doc added the L knee problem, good thing it helped me with my rating. The time line can be different anywhere from 1-4 months depending on all your appointments/ conditions. good luck.

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
UPDATE:

Got results back from the MRI. They are Negative. Had 2 different docs look at it. Just got an email from my PEBLO. I have to go sign my NARSUM tomorrow. Hopefully all of this will be over soon... Any advice on what I should and shouldn't look for on the NARSUM would be appreciated. Thanks

So this is what my timeline looks like now.

1st Shoulder Injury: April 2007
Light Duty: April 2007
1st Surgery Date: Aug 28, 2008
NARSUM Reviewed/ Signed: Oct 5, 2012

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member

Well it looks to me like I can probably start expecting to be Medically Separated. I reviewed my NARSUM today and it agrees with my NMA and I also put no on my desire to continue service. I was told by my PEBLO that I can call her in about 2 weeks to see if it has been sent to the VA or not. She also said it will most likely be about 120 days before I get everything back. Any one have an opinon on this?? I don't think it is going to take that long but I guess I have to wait and see.

etrauschs

Registered Member
As you can probably tell from looking at the other timelines there is no good way to estimate how long it will take. You can check your status on ebenefits or call the VA's 800 number (1-800-827-100, options 0-2-0-1). You can also call your PEBLO like she has suggested you do but they tend to get annoyed with that so best bet is probably online and the 800 number. Good luck with your case.

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks for the number. I am assuming I should wait a least a week before I call anyone. Any idea of how I will know if they have recieved it? I seem to have a decent PEBLO and she said she was going to send it out on Friday Oct. 5th. Now I know mine case is going pretty fast but I am just as impatient as everyone else. Already have a job lined up and just need to tell them when I can start.

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Talked to the VA today. I was told my case is in the development stage. Does this mean that I have been found unfit?? This is confusing the hell out of me. Any help would be appreciated...

Ten

Registered Member
Talked to the VA today. I was told my case is in the development stage. Does this mean that I have been found unfit?? This is confusing the hell out of me. Any help would be appreciated...
GoWings, what is your case number?

K

kiefer82

Go wings, I was told that my case would go quick, cause I am a 4 time war vet, and active. Wrong, wrong, most guys on here go thru the process for about 9 months to a year. I have been in the process for 6 months and it is just now starting to move. I have turned down 100K jobs, cause you just wont know anything until your ebenefits says status complete, and you will receive call from your peblo, and letter in the mail. Just dont get your hopes up just yet, and try to be patient. I know its hard, god, I have been away from my family for over 7 years, so I feel for you. God bless and good luck. Active Bud!

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member

PEB Unfit Oct 19, 2012

Hopefully it won't be too long now until I find out what my ratings are.

ameusn

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My case went to the va the end of September. Seems that every case is different by looking at this site. I am thinking the storm is going to push stuff back, not to mention the holiday season is going to slow it all a bit too.

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That is actually ok with me though. If I can get my kids through the school year I won't complain to much. Just nice to know that I am for sure unfit. It helps with the planning a little bit.

ameusn

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Did you get something saying you are unfit? I only know I'm unfit from reading on here that it wouldn't go to the va if I was fit.

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I called the VA. They are pretty cryptic in their answers though. I was able to get a hold of my PEBLO and she told me my package was sent to the VA on 19 Oct which means I was found unfit. That is correct if you are fit it will never go past the PEB.

ameusn

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Mine went to the va 20 sep. I did the request on e benefits for them to call me, and 2 weeks later, I still don't have any info. Going to have to try getting through on the 800 number. Hurry up and wait. I am to the point I just want have a time frame so that I can start setting up a place to live, and my wife can start looking for work.

GoWings

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah I hear ya on that.. That is the hardest part on this whole PEB thing. They don't tell you anything so you can't plan, you can't accept a new job or anything. Just hurry up and wait.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">