My Timeline

if it went to the va for ratings bud, then u were found unfit. Once unfit it takes a couple months to get ur ratings from the va, then they forward the ratings back yo peb. They will either agree or disagree with the %s and then forward to ur peblo. U will have ten days to agree with %s or submit a rebuttal. Then it will take a month or two to get ut DA199 and ur separation orders.

Kiefer82 Thanks for the info. I got a call from my PEBLO today saying my ratings are back. I called the VA and they told me they are still in the development stage.. I am assuming that they are going to tell me my ratings. Is that a true statement? I have to go on Monday to talk to them.

So this is what my timeline looks like now.

1st Shoulder Injury: April 2007
Light Duty: April 2007
1st Surgery Date: Aug 28, 2008
1st LIMDU: Aug 28, 2008
2nd Shoulder Injury: Aug 2011
2nd LIMDU: Jan 3, 2012
3rd LIMDU: Jul 4, 2012
MEB Initiated: Aug 28, 2012
VA MSC Counseling: Sep 5, 2012
1st VA Physical: Sep 20, 2012
DTAP: Sep 24, 2012
NARSUM Reviewed/ Signed: Oct 5, 2012
PEB Unfit Oct 19, 2012
Meeting with PEBLO Nov 5, 2012

This is A LOT quicker than I was expecting if these are my proposed ratings.

GoWings, that is awesome. My MEB was initiated on Jul 24, 2012. My NARSUM was reviewed/signed: Sep 28, 2012. It was sent up that day to Fort Lewis. I haven't heard anything until I contact a PEB analyst and found out my stuff was sent to the VA for prelims on Oct 31, 2012. I should hopefully hear about my unfit with ratings in the next couple of weeks.

Kiefer82 Thanks for the info. I got a call from my PEBLO today saying my ratings are back. I called the VA and they told me they are still in the development stage.. I am assuming that they are going to tell me my ratings. Is that a true statement? I have to go on Monday to talk to them.
Those are some amazing timelines. Congrats! Hope the ratings are everything you expected...

Just wondering if I am signing my proposed rating or if I am just agreeing with the unfit decision

If my stuff was sent to the VA for prelims, does that mean there is an unfit memo somewhere? Do I need to just wait for the ratings to come back and the unfit memo will be with them?

That is actually ok with me though. If I can get my kids through the school year I won't complain to much. Just nice to know that I am for sure unfit. It helps with the planning a little bit.

Depending on what part of the country you're at, and which VA Regional is doing the ratings, it could be 60 days, 90 days, or 120+ days for the VA to do their ratings.

Then your case is returned back to the military and the paperwork needs to be reviewed by the PEB and typed up by the military.

Then your PEBLO has you come in and review the findings.

You have 10 consecutive days to agree with the findings, or ask for an appeal (a Formal Board). If you request a formal board, that's another 2 months.

30 days after that, you hopefully come down on orders and you will have less than 90 days to discharge.

So let this process take it's sweet time and maybe your kids will be able to finish the school year.

V/r,
nwlivewire

My VA regional office is in Seattle, Washington.

Ok NW so what you are saying has me pretty darn confused. I was told that my paperwork went up to the VA on the 19th of October. On Friday I got a call from the Chief in the PEBLO office that my findings are back and I need to come in. Should I assume I am signing my 199 or just agreeing/disagreeing with the findings?? Anyone HELP!! Also my Ebenefits has not changed since I started this whole process. I know it is not always up to date. I just don't want to go there to find out for some crazy reason I am fit.

Ok NW so what you are saying has me pretty darn confused. I was told that my paperwork went up to the VA on the 19th of October. On Friday I got a call from the Chief in the PEBLO office that my findings are back and I need to come in. Should I assume I am signing my 199 or just agreeing/disagreeing with the findings?? Anyone HELP!! Also my Ebenefits has not changed since I started this whole process. I know it is not always up to date. I just don't want to go there to find out for some crazy reason I am fit.

Dear GoWings:

WOW! Now that's fast!

I have no idea of the reason for your meeting, other than your statement of findings came back - whatever that will be.

So just go and review your findings like the PEBLO said this meeting was for. Take pen and paper - make notes of this convo and answers to questions that come up.

Don't sign anything at that time regarding the options you may have at that time! If your findings are in, and this is what your meeting is all about, get copies of everything - everything!

You'll have 10 consecutive days to sign and return the finding paperwork with what you want to do on the options you'll have at that time.

Get back to us ASAP!

START A NEW THREAD ON THIS WEBSITE FOR GREATER VISIBILITY AND POTENTIAL INPUT.

Meanwhile, don't stress (YEAH. Easy for ME to say!). Breathe!!!

And stay centered and focused and polite with your PEBLO.

This is the fastest I've seen findings come back in a long, long time.

Hope it's ALL GREAT NEWS!

Any other takers on GoWing's situation?

V/r,
nwlivewire

Thanks man. I am assuming I am signing my findings. That is the only thing that makes sense to me. I will update when I get back tomorrow. I have a Sailor here that her results came back in about 4 days but she was found fit. Mine took about 2 weeks from the time it went to the VA for the PEBLO to call me.

Thanks man. I am assuming I am signing my findings. That is the only thing that makes sense to me. I will update when I get back tomorrow. I have a Sailor here that her results came back in about 4 days but she was found fit. Mine took about 2 weeks from the time it went to the VA for the PEBLO to call me.

Roger.

Please remember - do not sign anything related to your findings or decide right then and there on the spot and simply sign with whatever your findings are. Give yourself those 10 days to read and re-read the whole thing.

Those 10 days are for YOU to have time to read and re-read this deal and THINK things through, to make sure it is accurate, and to make sure that you're getting a "fair and square" deal, etc.

Please get back to us as soon as you can so you can get input from others on the forum. Jason and maparker are very, very good guys to get straight-up answers from, too.

Start a new thread! That way, you can catch someone's attention on this and get maximum input.

I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed that you get a fair and square deal tomorrow with no hiccups.

Also, if you don't mind, how many Active Duty years you got in? Rank? Spouse/kids? Any Reserve time? Deployments - how many? MOS? Injured in combat zone?

All these things will also factor in on pay and benefits.

V/r,
nwlivewire

I have been Active Duty Navy for 11 yrs and 6 months. E-6, Wife and 3 kids, No reserve time, 1 deployment I am an ET and No I was not injured in a CZ

I have been Active Duty Navy for 11 yrs and 6 months. E-6, Wife and 3 kids, No reserve time, 1 deployment I am an ET and No I was not injured in a CZ

OK. You may want to add this to the new thread you will be posting tomorrow as this will fill out your enire situation with potential pay & benefits package.

Have you transferred any of your Post 9/11 GI Bill to spouse/kids yet? If this is something you will want to do, you need to make that tranfer to one and/or all before you discharge as it's too late to transfer after discharge.

My understanding is that you can always take the transfer back to yourself after your discharge, but you cannot transfer to spouse/kids after you're discharged.

But let's see what happens tomorrow and what input you get from this forum.

You still have time for the rest....

BTW, my son was AD Navy and served up at Whidbey Island (sp?) as an ET on Prowlers - some kind of electrical jamming airplane (?). Spent 6 years in, has been out 5 years now, and still maintains contact with some of his Navy buddies. My Father was a MM (machinist's mate), did three years and got out as an E-6 because they had him in an E-7 slot doing E-7 duties. So he said "Forget it!" and moved on.

V/r,
nwlivewire