My Timeline

EAS posted today for the end of Feb. got ahold of MMSR4 to move it closer and they said it should post on Monday.

Almost out

Awesome news man!

EAS_Forum.png

Second EAS just reposted. That was the quickest thing that has happened so far. So I have enough terminal and PTAD that I could have been out 5 days ago, but IPAC told me they have inspections coming up so they won't be able to get me out until the 30th. That's the wrong answer. Corporals don't make that call haha and I definitely will not let them hold me up after all this time. Good things the CO is aware of my situation and said he will take care of any of my hiccups that I come across if that's coming from higher. So hopefully I'll be out this week or the next. One long haul. Good luck to all of you who are still roughing it through. It does have an end.

EAS_Forum.png

Second EAS just reposted. That was the quickest thing that has happened so far. So I have enough terminal and PTAD that I could have been out 5 days ago, but IPAC told me they have inspections coming up so they won't be able to get me out until the 30th. That's the wrong answer. Corporals don't make that call haha and I definitely will not let them hold me up after all this time. Good things the CO is aware of my situation and said he will take care of any of my hiccups that I come across if that's coming from higher. So hopefully I'll be out this week or the next. One long haul. Good luck to all of you who are still roughing it through. It does have an end.

Awesome!

I do hate when clerks try to dictate someone leaving. Luckily I pretty much set up when I would be gone, but absolutely one phone call to the PAC director from the CO or whomever would take care of That right away.

Update:

I've been out for about 2 months now. It's great, such a beautiful thing as Trump would say :D

So my first VA payment hit. It took them a month and a half to finalize my VA claim. Not too bad. It hit on the 15th of March which was surprising because I thought I'd have to wait till the 1st. I had to add my dependents which opened another claim but amazingly it only took a day because it's an automated system. So my first payment was at single rate but I will expect back pay on the 1st. Only thing is they finalized my claim at 80% instead of 90% as of right now due to a 50% portion of my projected claim being "Deferred" because they want to look at it again. Crooks. It was for flat feet and a broken foot so I really don't know what they are deferring but I'm at least glad they finished the other claims so I'm receiving something.

I also opened up another claim with about 10 things on it that should bump me way over 100%. Happy hunting all and good luck.;)

Well looks like I can finally see the light. Only 6 more working days until terminal starts. It was a long and frustrating process hahaha.

I would like to get someone's opinion on this: I submitted a VA claim a couple months back (I'm not going through IDES or anything) and so far I've received a development letter that basically says they don't need anything. According to ebenefits, the status of my claim is "gathering evidence and decision...", but I haven't even been called in for a C&P yet. The completion estimation date has now changed three times. What is going on?

I would like to get someone's opinion on this: I submitted a VA claim a couple months back (I'm not going through IDES or anything) and so far I've received a development letter that basically says they don't need anything. According to ebenefits, the status of my claim is "gathering evidence and decision...", but I haven't even been called in for a C&P yet. The completion estimation date has now changed three times. What is going on?

I submitted my second claim after I got out so my C File, medical file from the military, was already with them. Is this true for you? Is your medical file already with them?

I submitted my claim with no further evidence other than what was already in my medical file for things I had not claimed while I was in the military (I claimed them 2 months after I got out). I submitted my claim in March, had two exams about two months later because they said they needed further evidence. I would think that you would have an exam, but they probably haven't gotten to your claim yet. They suck

I submitted my second claim after I got out so my C File, medical file from the military, was already with them. Is this true for you? Is your medical file already with them?

I submitted my claim with no further evidence other than what was already in my medical file for things I had not claimed while I was in the military (I claimed them 2 months after I got out). I submitted my claim in March, had two exams about two months later because they said they needed further evidence. I would think that you would have an exam, but they probably haven't gotten to your claim yet. They suck
Was your severance pay taxed??

Was your severance pay taxed??
It shouldnt be. If yours does message me and I have the instructions on how to get the money back within a month because it does happen to folks. If you pm me an email military or personal I can just send it over to you now.

Update:

I've been out for about 2 months now. It's great, such a beautiful thing as Trump would say :D

So my first VA payment hit. It took them a month and a half to finalize my VA claim. Not too bad. It hit on the 15th of March which was surprising because I thought I'd have to wait till the 1st. I had to add my dependents which opened another claim but amazingly it only took a day because it's an automated system. So my first payment was at single rate but I will expect back pay on the 1st. Only thing is they finalized my claim at 80% instead of 90% as of right now due to a 50% portion of my projected claim being "Deferred" because they want to look at it again. Crooks. It was for flat feet and a broken foot so I really don't know what they are deferring but I'm at least glad they finished the other claims so I'm receiving something.

I also opened up another claim with about 10 things on it that should bump me way over 100%. Happy hunting all and good luck.;)
Have you gotten your severance check yet?

Have you gotten your severance check yet?

Severance pay was not taxed. I got it about 15 days after I got out. Pretty much the 15th which was a pay day. Man it was nice to wake up 40k plus in the bank. Best part was I denied orders so I wasn't supposed to rate severance. I'm still licking my chops over it but I just wish the gunny monitor who screwed me over with orders during my limduty knew I still got it. LOL oh how I don't miss the military

It shouldnt be. If yours does message me and I have the instructions on how to get the money back within a month because it does happen to folks. If you pm me an email military or personal I can just send it over to you now.

Do you think you can send that to me also, Im about to get out and they are going to tax my severance and im trying to fight it but if they do i would like to know how to get it back. Thank you, my email is [email protected]

Bro I did the same thing. Got 0% DOD and 80% VA. Well once I finally got them. Just wanted to Be done and be on with my life. Getting a lump sum of cash that I don't have to repay back is just a bonus.

Glad your findings came back at least! Get a lawyer and up your VA to 100% and you'll be perfect man!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
So getting severance is better than a retirement? I'm 90%ca with 70%PTSD . so I dont feel I should have to pay my sep pay I got in 98. But i was told if i got severance pay va would recoup that before I could get va pay. Glad it worked for you I guess I'll know more once MEB is done over 3 years in the MEB HELL