My Timeline

Just so everyone knows, because I didnt know this, after VA finishes it goes back to Washington before it comes back to you to approve or send back
Definitely not what I was told originally but oh well, man I swear the Army does this better, all of the med seps get out in Oct
Makes it easier to plan.

Also.... When they say send package off to the PEB or send packing back to Medboard, do they mean by mail or electronically?

My status changed to pending decision approval
My packet was sent to the VA on the 25th of March as well. How many claims did you have? if you are comfortable saying
The VA 1-800 number told me the regional office that my packet was sent to. Does anyone know if there are direct numbers to the regional offices?

Last edited:
Electronically , they send it back to the Peb and you should get it back in 2 weeks.
I'm on the same boat my claim said it's been closed but it's been closed since April 26th, so I should receive my findings any time now? And do you know how long it takes after that for headquarters Marine corps to give me a new EAS

I'm on the same boat my claim said it's been closed but it's been closed since April 26th, so I should receive my findings any time now? And do you know how long it takes after that for headquarters Marine corps to give me a new EAS
Mine has been closed as of May 6th they sent me a decision letter I should be receiving within the next week or so. My peblo says I should get my official ratings next week. To sign off on and yes it depends on how fast your COC if wanting to get you out of there’s they usually give you a eas 30 days out so you can get things together but if you have everything taken care of you can get out after you sign off on your official ratings within 2-3 weeks.

My packet was sent to the VA on the 25th of March as well. How many claims did you have? if you are comfortable saying
The VA 1-800 number told me the regional office that my packet was sent to. Does anyone know if there are direct numbers to the regional offices?
Also I had 8 claims but the process with the va to come up with a proposed rating was from March 12th to May 6th.

Mine has been closed as of May 6th they sent me a decision letter I should be receiving within the next week or so. My peblo says I should get my official ratings next week. To sign off on and yes it depends on how fast your COC if wanting to get you out of there’s they usually give you a eas 30 days out so you can get things together but if you have everything taken care of you can get out after you sign off on your official ratings within 2-3 weeks.
Thanks! And good luck , I hope I get word on my findings soon it's been 2 weeks but im guessing it can take up to a month. The regional VA rep told me 2 days ago that people might not be able to take much terminal because the VA is try to push a lot of people out

Mine was sent on the 25th, I had 6 claims.

:rolleyes:
I'm not sure, but I'm stationed at Camp Lejeune so whatever office those cases go to.
got it well either way congrats hopefully the VA claim gods will bless me soon.

I’m at day 50
If you keep calling until you get someone who knows their job really well they will tell you where your claim is at , I called until they told me I was in Q&A stage then called back a couple times and said it was sent back to the PEB to be finalized

I called the VA today and a representative let me know that my claim was moved to decision with proposed ratings on May 16.

When will the PEB receive the ratings and then how long will it take the PEB to send those ratings to my PEBLO?

I called the VA today and a representative let me know that my claim was moved to decision with proposed ratings on May 16.

When will the PEB receive the ratings and then how long will it take the PEB to send those ratings to my PEBLO?
After the PEB receives your package back from the VA they said it takes 2-3 to finalize and send your peblo your findings. I spoke to the PEB in DC last Friday and that's what she told me.