My Timeline

I am not sure how the Navy works but the Marine Corps revamped their Separations manual. The reason they report your EAS in the Marine Corps so fast is because they went away from reporting the 9999 EAS which was standard procedure in order to keep Marines from falling off contract during the process. Downside is that, not many know about it and if they have a horrible chain of command it causes issues. I am less than 2 months from my EAS with nothing and will have to submit an extension. Also you only receive 20 days of PTAD if you are medically retired. If medically separated your EAS will be calculated with enough time to check out plus what ever leave you have on the books.

Nice and it all falls within the turnaround time Interesting. I hope the navy has a similar smoother process. And wowww. They aren’t telling you anything?

Nice and it all falls within the turnaround time Interesting. I hope the navy has a similar smoother process. And wowww. They aren’t telling you anything?

Yeah I tried to look at the Navy manual and that thing is confusing lol. The Marine Corps manual references the secnav so id assume that the order is the same. And all the information I received I reached out myself. PEB and VA. My Peblo and MSC are responding but its always the generic "well let you know when we receive it back". Hopefully all your stuff comes back good. Best of wishes.

I am not sure how the Navy works but the Marine Corps revamped their Separations manual. The reason they report your EAS in the Marine Corps so fast is because they went away from reporting the 9999 EAS which was standard procedure in order to keep Marines from falling off contract during the process. Downside is that, not many know about it and if they have a horrible chain of command it causes issues. I am less than 2 months from my EAS with nothing and will have to submit an extension. Also you only receive 20 days of PTAD if you are medically retired. If medically separated your EAS will be calculated with enough time to check out plus what ever leave you have on the books.
IPAC told me that we get PTAD if we are medically seperated as well... Not just retired. Where did you get that info?

Yeah I tried to look at the Navy manual and that thing is confusing lol. The Marine Corps manual references the secnav so id assume that the order is the same. And all the information I received I reached out myself. PEB and VA. My Peblo and MSC are responding but its always the generic "well let you know when we receive it back". Hopefully all your stuff comes back good. Best of wishes.

Thanks so much for this information. Yeah, I am getting the runaround with my stuff. My PEBLO said yesterday that the PEB concurred everything. So I should be finding out my new EAS soon. it's just frustrating when they have no accurate/fluent system for these cases.

IPAC told me that we get PTAD if we are medically seperated as well... Not just retired. Where did you get that info?

I stand corrected. Teaches me to take advice from a civilian working in IPAC. I was a former IPAC Marine and I based it off the order which only stated retired or kicked out due to non promotions. But there is a MARADMIN that was released in 2014 that states medical separations and retirements rate 20 days of PTAD. My previous statement is null and void lol.

UPDATE!

11 JAN: MEB began
28-30 JAN: VA Appts
1 MAR: Package sent to PEB
25 MAR: Found Unfit, package sent to VA.
8 MAY: Package sent back to PEB.
6 JUNE: Signed Findings
18 JUNE: EAS POSTED!!! New EAS 20190730, starting Terminal/PTAD July 8th.

UPDATE!

Solid. Congrats!!

UPDATE!

Freaking Awesome CONGRATS

Currently my package is still at the VA.
Anyone have any idea how long it will take from here??

Probably a stupid question but is this 11 JAN MEB began date the day you were notified on MOL you are on a medboard or the day you officially started after meeting with the peblo? I was placed and recommended for MEB on June 3 and have not met with my PEBLO yet. Seems off.

Also, what was your original EAS?

Probably a stupid question but is this 11 JAN MEB began date the day you were notified on MOL you are on a medboard or the day you officially started after meeting with the peblo? I was placed and recommended for MEB on June 3 and have not met with my PEBLO yet. Seems off.

Also, what was your original EAS?
That's the date I met with my PEBLO.

Original EAS was 2021May

Update my claim is closed on va.gov they completed my proposed ratings in 7 days and sent it back to the PEB not sure how long I have to sign my finding my peblo sucks! Also PEB will tell you your proposed ratings mine was 60% va side not sure about dod yet. Would anyone like to share if there proposed ratings stayed the same or do the go up or down once you get the official ratings ?

Time line for anyone tracking
Jan 1 2019 referred to med board
Jan 10 va medical screening
Feb 7 va revived my claim
May 22 PEB was accepted on mol
August 5 PEB completed there portion sent to va for ratings
Aug 12 va.gov says closed compensation and ratings sent to PEB.

Advice for those still on the board stick with everything this forum saved me honestly.

I stand corrected. Teaches me to take advice from a civilian working in IPAC. I was a former IPAC Marine and I based it off the order which only stated retired or kicked out due to non promotions. But there is a MARADMIN that was released in 2014 that states medical separations and retirements rate 20 days of PTAD. My previous statement is null and void lol.

Do you know the MARADMIN number?

Do you know the MARADMIN number?

MARADMIN 170/14 about half way down.

I also spoke with MSSR-4 who stated that if a member is being medically separated or retired they automatically factor in all leave and 20 days PTAD in their new EAS.