My Timeline

Jsnyder81

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good afternoon,

Here is my timeline for the IDES process with 2 referred conditions. I started almost exactly when everything shut down for COVID and it seemed for awhile my case was always at the bottom of the pile because I have seen dozens of servicemembers pass me both on here and at my command. (Some started months to a year after me). Anyway here we go:

Referred for MH
Addendum to add chronic LBP

MEB Initiated ------------------- APR 2020
Met with PEBLO ---------------- MAY 2020
NMA complete ------------------ MAY 2020
Addendum to add LBP -------- JUN 2020
NARSUM complete ------------- JUL 2020
QTC Appts Scheduled --------- NOV 2020
QTC Appts Complete ---------- FEB 2021
Ebenefits case closed --------- FEB 2021
Signed NARSUM and
sent paperwork ---------------- APR 2021
Called VA (8 times) to
get proposed ratings ---------- MAY 2021
Awaiting PEB results ----------

Currently over 3 months (15 weeks) since my paperwork was sent to PEB. I reach out to my PEBLO monthly and simply get told to call next month. It has been a struggle to see so many servicemember's timelines shorter than mine but I try to remember that each case is specific to the person and have been staying as positive as possible.

I cannot say how much I appreciate the support and advice from this forum and I am happy to answer any questions, too.

Wait, we're you able to actually see your proposed ratings from the VA???

Good afternoon,

Here is my timeline for the IDES process with 2 referred conditions. I started almost exactly when everything shut down for COVID and it seemed for awhile my case was always at the bottom of the pile because I have seen dozens of servicemembers pass me both on here and at my command. (Some started months to a year after me). Anyway here we go:

Referred for MH
Addendum to add chronic LBP

MEB Initiated ------------------- APR 2020
Met with PEBLO ---------------- MAY 2020
NMA complete ------------------ MAY 2020
Addendum to add LBP -------- JUN 2020
NARSUM complete ------------- JUL 2020
QTC Appts Scheduled --------- NOV 2020
QTC Appts Complete ---------- FEB 2021
Ebenefits case closed --------- FEB 2021
Signed NARSUM and
sent paperwork ---------------- APR 2021
Called VA (8 times) to
get proposed ratings ---------- MAY 2021
Awaiting PEB results ----------

Currently over 3 months (15 weeks) since my paperwork was sent to PEB. I reach out to my PEBLO monthly and simply get told to call next month. It has been a struggle to see so many servicemember's timelines shorter than mine but I try to remember that each case is specific to the person and have been staying as positive as possible.

I cannot say how much I appreciate the support and advice from this forum and I am happy to answer any questions, too.

I’m right there with you. We have similar timelines. It is very frustrating but let’s hope we hear something this week! Hang in there.

Wait, we're you able to actually see your proposed ratings from the VA???
If you are going through the IDES process, the proposed ratings are sent to your PEBLO. I know some PEBLOs tell the servicemembers, but I'm pretty sure they are not required to. You are able to call the VA and ask to have them if your eBenefits case has been closed. Again they are not required to give them to you and may tell you to ask your PEBLO. You have to get the right person to answer the phone.

I’m right there with you. We have similar timelines. It is very frustrating but let’s hope we hear something this week! Hang in there.
I am right there with you as well. I was just able to access my IDES timeline and this forum has been more helpful in the past couple days than anyone I have tried to get a consolidated timeline in the past year. I guess it is just part of this process. Good luck to everyone!

My IDES attorney had told me that they are down to 2 medical review officers when they used to have 5. Not sure if its a manning issue or a COVID issue. They went from processing 50-60 cases a week to about 20. smh. Hopefully you find out soon!

Reading all this, still wondering the same thing. My package went under medical officer review 27 may. It's been about 13 weeks. But even my VA claims are still under review.

Reading all this, still wondering the same thing. My package went under medical officer review 27 may. It's been about 13 weeks. But even my VA claims are still under review.
Do your VA claims say "pending decision approval" on ebenefits? They won't show up until they're finalized, which happens when you get your DD214. You probably have a proposed VA rating right now. You can call the VA's 1-800 number and tell the rep that va.gov says you were sent a decision letter but never received it and they might email you your proposed ratings letters. That's what happened to me.