Narcolepsy requiring MTF diagnosis

wow its getting a bit crazy now. So what the dr said was due to patient is on Armodafinil 250 mg and 2 SSRIs MSLT can't be done
Thats weird that they wouldn't just have you stop taking them. I guess if you pushed that you don't think you would be able to function for 2 weeks if you were off of them then it could work in your favor in not needing another test. Has your PCM started the process for board?

Thats weird that they wouldn't just have you stop taking them. I guess if you pushed that you don't think you would be able to function for 2 weeks if you were off of them then it could work in your favor in not needing another test. Has your PCM started the process for board?
yes the process already started months ago I was just waiting on this MSLT to satisfy the requirement of the mtf diagnosis

yes the process already started months ago I was just waiting on this MSLT to satisfy the requirement of the mtf diagnosis
From the very beginning of your PCM doing their part till the point you were told by AFPC that you need MTF diagnosis, how long did that take?

From the very beginning of your PCM doing their part till the point you were told by AFPC that you need MTF diagnosis, how long did that take?
a few months just because i believe the reg changed that stated ppl diagnose with any central hypersomnia need a diagnosis to be from an MTF. The majority of the time was waiting for WR. I believe that's why they are so backed up because of the reg change so now everyone is booked an appt with them

a few months just because i believe the reg changed that stated ppl diagnose with any central hypersomnia need a diagnosis to be from an MTF. The majority of the time was waiting for WR. I believe that's why they are so backed up because of the reg change so now everyone is booked an appt with them
I mean like you called up your PCM and told them to start med board. So they started it, and it goes to DAWG (I think?). Then they push it to AFPC and then AFPC pushes it back stating you need the MTF diagnosis. After that point you dealt with WR. I was wondering the time frame from the PCM call to start and when AFPC pushed back. Wondering that way I can figure out how long it will be for me (roughly). Assuming my results come back positive and then I wouldn't need to wait for another test or anything.

PCM initiated the MEB on their own based on my first sleep study mslt. I dont believe you can call and make them initiate it. a month or two after it started it got kicked back saying they needed the diagnosis to come from the MTF. so had to wait months for my WR appt. so from the time it started to the dawg was like a month in half could be shorter if your package reaches the dawg when there meeting happens. if you missed the meeting for the month you have to wait till the next which varies at different bases

PCM initiated the MEB on their own based on my first sleep study mslt. I dont believe you can call and make them initiate it. a month or two after it started it got kicked back saying they needed the diagnosis to come from the MTF. so had to wait months for my WR appt. so from the time it started to the dawg was like a month in half could be shorter if your package reaches the dawg when there meeting happens. if you missed the meeting for the month you have to wait till the next which varies at different bases
Ok yeah thats what I was wondering. Once AFPC accepts the results and says full med board do you get coded or anything? The issue I am running into is my DOS is 7 months away and things are going to get tight with the deadlines. I know once you are processed to go under a med board you can be extended but not sure on all of those details.

And as far as asking for med you can do that. I talked to a prior PCM and they said it you are allowed to do that. When I told my pcm that I was diagnosed with it from an off base provider they actually just told me to just continue with the sleep dr. She didn't even know it was a med boardable diagnosis. I told her it was and she said she didn't think it was and so I just said OK and that was the end of the convo. After about 5 minutes she called back and said yes it is but i need the MTF diagnosis. As far as the dawg, I know my stuff goes to Andrews dawg so I will have to check when they do the meeting. Hopefully it is like first or 2nd week of the month so that I catch it just in time.

Ok yeah thats what I was wondering. Once AFPC accepts the results and says full med board do you get coded or anything? The issue I am running into is my DOS is 7 months away and things are going to get tight with the deadlines. I know once you are processed to go under a med board you can be extended but not sure on all of those details.

And as far as asking for med you can do that. I talked to a prior PCM and they said it you are allowed to do that. When I told my pcm that I was diagnosed with it from an off base provider they actually just told me to just continue with the sleep dr. She didn't even know it was a med boardable diagnosis. I told her it was and she said she didn't think it was and so I just said OK and that was the end of the convo. After about 5 minutes she called back and said yes it is but i need the MTF diagnosis. As far as the dawg, I know my stuff goes to Andrews dawg so I will have to check when they do the meeting. Hopefully it is like first or 2nd week of the month so that I catch it just in time.
You're coded once they initiate the MEB so way before AFPC gets it. So you should be good once its initiated, once you get the results back everything should get rolling.

You're coded once they initiate the MEB so way before AFPC gets it. So you should be good once its initiated, once you get the results back everything should get rolling.
Ok good. I just want to make sure that the process started a decent amount of time before my ETS. I would hate for it all to get to AFPC with 3 months left and then they say no to the med board and now I have 90 days to outprocess, 80 days of leave to burn, va appointments that I am now behind on (Should start 180 days out), and miss out on skillbridge.

Ok good. I just want to make sure that the process started a decent amount of time before my ETS. I would hate for it all to get to AFPC with 3 months left and then they say no to the med board and now I have 90 days to outprocess, 80 days of leave to burn, va appointments that I am now behind on (Should start 180 days out), and miss out on skillbridge.
What i dont understand is why it's taking 8 weeks for results. when you call do you get a person from the sleep clinic or appt making ppl

What i dont understand is why it's taking 8 weeks for results. when you call do you get a person from the sleep clinic or appt making ppl
It is the lady at the front desk of the WR Sleep Clinic. My only guess is that since they are so far behind in appointments, it is also pushing results back. But yeah if I don't have results next week then I will be calling and asking to speak to a DR or someone who can get me more information, else I am gonna drive up there or call the DRs line directly.

It is the lady at the front desk of the WR Sleep Clinic. My only guess is that since they are so far behind in appointments, it is also pushing results back. But yeah if I don't have results next week then I will be calling and asking to speak to a DR or someone who can get me more information, else I am gonna drive up there or call the DRs line directly.
Whats up any update ?

Whats up any update ?
Yeah finally got something back today. I didn't make the cut. Not sure what my sleep was but I only went into REM once. He said the 2nd REM was very very very close so he wants me to do another test (hahaha). I am going to have an appointment with him next week and we are gonna talk about the situation and he might be able to just rule it as Idiopathic Hypersomnolence which is better than N anyways in the percentage. The DR told me the reason it initiates a MEB is because of the medicine you have to take for it. I knew I probably wouldn't do to good on this one. TBH I wasn't very comfortable in that clinic compared to the off base one. And I had already been to the off base one for a sleep apnea test so I was more comfortable there. I take 450mg of Wellbutrin for reasons and I had to be off of it for WR MSLT so the place wasn't really vibin with me. On top of that, I was sleeping between naps at WR whereas the off base place I was messaged on the intercom soon as my eyes were shut for more than 5 secs.

He said the requirements for a MTF diagnosis requires the actigraphy but per the latest MSD it doesn't mention a actigraphy. So I will bring that up with him as well.

Yeah finally got something back today. I didn't make the cut. Not sure what my sleep was but I only went into REM once. He said the 2nd REM was very very very close so he wants me to do another test (hahaha). I am going to have an appointment with him next week and we are gonna talk about the situation and he might be able to just rule it as Idiopathic Hypersomnolence which is better than N anyways in the percentage. The DR told me the reason it initiates a MEB is because of the medicine you have to take for it. I knew I probably wouldn't do to good on this one. TBH I wasn't very comfortable in that clinic compared to the off base one. And I had already been to the off base one for a sleep apnea test so I was more comfortable there. I take 450mg of Wellbutrin for reasons and I had to be off of it for WR MSLT so the place wasn't really vibin with me. On top of that, I was sleeping between naps at WR whereas the off base place I was messaged on the intercom soon as my eyes were shut for more than 5 secs.

He said the requirements for a MTF diagnosis requires the actigraphy but per the latest MSD it doesn't mention a actigraphy. So I will bring that up with him as well.
wow, that was my biggest concern having to duplicate the same results from the first test. the environment and the situation is very different. IH is a better diagnosis then N percentage-wise? i was on WB but didnt work for me at all. Not another test they must really they that's the most comfortable test ever. are you going to do it again ha. I believe IH can trigger a MEB with the medication your on. so at WR they let you sleep in between test when you weren't supposed to how can they expect the test to be accurate when they arent making sure your awake in between.

wow, that was my biggest concern having to duplicate the same results from the first test. the environment and the situation is very different. IH is a better diagnosis then N percentage-wise? i was on WB but didnt work for me at all. Not another test they must really they that's the most comfortable test ever. are you going to do it again ha. I believe IH can trigger a MEB with the medication your on. so at WR they let you sleep in between test when you weren't supposed to how can they expect the test to be accurate when they arent making sure your awake in between.
I have read some cases where IH was a 80%. Not sure if it was correct or not. I know Narcolepsy can be like 10% or something real low. Its all based on the cataplexy for the percentage. IH is a unknown cause but just treated the same so it is cause MEB per the MSD. I will probably do it again if the DR can't help me out.

I have read some cases where IH was a 80%. Not sure if it was correct or not. I know Narcolepsy can be like 10% or something real low. Its all based on the cataplexy for the percentage. IH is a unknown cause but just treated the same so it is cause MEB per the MSD. I will probably do it again if the DR can't help me out.
That was my original diagnosis but then it change to N

That was my original diagnosis but then it change to N
Yeah I am not sure that I have cataplexy. I am not a emotional kind of person. Kind of the guy who is just pissed off at everything with a resting bitch face look who is just annoyed and irritated at everything. The only time I have any sort of large amount of emotion is when the wife and I are wrestling in bed and she tickles me, then its like cataplexy. TMI. I also have sleep hallucinations and sleep paralysis which is I guess not related to IH. So I will explain that to the DR and see what happens with that as well.