Euphrates Eagles

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I received DA 3947 and it did include two conditions says

“Diagnoses Not Meeting Retention Standards:
And the Diagnosis are;
1. Migraine headaches
2. Thoracic degenerative disc disease/Lumbosacral strain

‏ But at the end of the document, specifically in section 28. CONTINUATION (Identify by item number), where I have to sign, there are two paragraphs that say:

b. The DA Form 3947 includes all my current medical conditions and whether or not they meet medical retention standards.

e. I agree that this MEB accurately covers all my current medical conditions.

I couldn’t find the diagnosed conditions by VA included so I asked my PEBLO about that, and he said everything looks good and all you need to do is sign block 18. a. so that he can process my papers, NOT really sure if I did the right thing though,

I hope you guys can help me understanding that,

Thanks Ron
Since it is Christmas, many of the regulars will probably be absent. You'll likely receive some replies within the next few days.

Ron

I see,

I just signed the papers yesterday and waiting for them to submit it next week, I’ll keep an eye on this thread from now on,

Enjoy Christmas

Theoretically all conditions should be listed, then categorized a fitting or unfitting. DoD will only rate unfitting conditions, but all conditions should be listed because there are other things that may be eligible for CRSC.... For example a 30% GERD rating would be fitting but is presumptive for CRSC.

Chaplaincharlie,

There are two sections stating what you just told me, I also discussed this with my PEBLO officer yesterday and he said don’t worry about it! I think I need to speak to the physician who wrote the letter and explain to her that I have noticed those points mentioned below and you guys weren’t applying them properly!

2- On DA FORM 3947-1, in the DIAGNOSIS section There is a note stating "ALL CURRENT DIAGNOSES CONFIRMED BY THE VA MEDICAL EXAMINATION MUST BE LISTED" However, NOT ALL CURRENT DIAGNOSES CONFIRMED BY THE VA MEDICAL EXAMINATION listed below *

AFTER CONSIDERATION OF THE CASE FILE (INCLUDING ALL AVAILABLE CLINICAL RECORDS, LABORATORY FINDINGS, AND PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS) THE BOARD FINDS THAT THE SERVICE MEMBER HAS THE FOLLOWING DIAGNOSED MEDICAL CONDITIONS. * NOTE: IF IDES, ALL CURRENT DIAGNOSES CONFIRMED BY THE VA MEDICAL EXAMINATION MUST BE LISTED.

Also, in section 28. CONTINUATION (Identify by item number) b. The DA Form 3947 includes all my current medical conditions and whether or not they meet medical retention standards. This point states, DA Form 3947 includes all my current medical conditions and whether or not they meet medical retention standards. None of the VA diagnosis we’re mentioned,

Theoretically all conditions should be listed, then categorized a fitting or unfitting. DoD will only rate unfitting conditions, but all conditions should be listed because there are other things that may be eligible for CRSC.... For example a 30% GERD rating would be fitting but is presumptive for CRSC.

Chaplaincharlie

I sent an email to my PEBLO officer and I explained it that to him, because these are the criteria mentioned in the form, and I previously told him that before signing, but he said that this is not important, so I sent him an email and asked him to schedule me an appointment to speak with a Physician who did the work on writing the MEB NARSUM, I hope that he does so and this thing will not be neglected because I have already signed these documents.

As I mentioned earlier, I have no background in the MEB/PEB areas. That said, you might find the discussion at the following URL (on this board) interesting:
LINK <----

Ron

The services ought offer legal representation throughout the process to all members. Consult an attorney ASAP. It may be too late given that you signed already.

I still have the FINAL SERVICE MEMBER REVIEW ACTION to sign and that would be my last signature I guess,
I only signed the first portion of the DA FORM 3947, witch is 18a

There is another portion at the bottom of the form 27a, it says final service member review action,

I will call next week to speak to an attorney regarding this matter,

The services ought offer legal representation throughout the process to all members. Consult an attorney ASAP. It may be too late given that you signed already.

UPDATES.......

Please urgent help requested,

I recently talked about a problem that I had encountered with my PEBLO, I sent an email to the NARSUM physician recently, and she replied to me today and said that she fixed the error that was in NARSUM and will send me the new version with the modifications added to it through my PEBLO. The PEBLO fed me wrong information when he told me that everything looks good and all you have to do is sign the papers and send them back to me,

long story short,
The first question I asked my physician was about her mentioning that the MRI was normal, and this thing was not correct, because the last MRI was abnormal, and for this reason I sent a message highlighting the points that needs to be corrected, and the physician sent me an email back saying that she had corrected the errors and it will be sent to my PEBLO for review, and the reason for documenting the MRI was normal because she relied on her last MRI provided by me previously, and she did not have the new MRI so i sent it to her and the statement will be replaced,

The second and most important question was, when I asked her to include Diagnosis rated by the VA in DA 3947, she said
" An ABCMR is done through the LEGACY DES process (LDES) not the Integrated DES (IDES) so we only include the conditions that did not meet the standards at the time of your separation. from service. The other three conditions (radiculopathy, TBI, and Behavioral Health) were included for completeness ONLY and to assist the PEB with proper / accurate adjudication of your case. We were not directed to have these three conditions included in the NARSUM and the LDES process does not direct us to include any other conditions in the NARSUM / DA 3947"
Is it possible for someone to help me understanding this aforementioned information? I hope that if you have such an experience dealing with this kind of situation to share it with me,

thanks