NARSUM back in just a week?

jspowell99

PEB Forum Regular Member
I had my VA C&P exam last week for my MEB at the Durham, NC VA. My PEBLO contacted me today that the NARSUM came back today and that it'll be forwarded to me with the rest of the MEB documents once they've been signed.

My question is... has anyone ever heard of a NARSUM coming back so quickly?

Every case is different. That is very quick, but doesn't mean anything is wrong. When you get a copy of the NARSUM, take your time and review everything and make sure everything is listed and is correct. If not, ask for an IPR and/or appeal.

Ranger2992,

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know what I should expect to see in the NARSUM? Will it be just the doctor's notes from the exams or will it have other info that I need to look out for?

Each of the conditions you claimed during your VA exam should be on there. The condition you are being boarded for will be at the top and will probably say "fails to meet retention standards". Each of your other conditions will be listed and say "fails to meet retention standards", or "meets retention standards". First make sure everything is listed. Second, look at each condition and find it in your service manual for medical fitness standards. That regulation will tell you if the condition meets, or fails.

That will give you somewhere to start. Do your research and have as many agencys such as JAG, Purple Heart Org, and VFW look at it and give you input. You don't have to sign it for 7 days and can ask fr an IPR if you want to gain a little more time.