NARSUM is Getting Changed. Please Help!

A little background of me. I was initiated for a MEB Jan 2019. At my current state in IDES, I want to get out of the military. I finished my MEB appointments Mar 2019. I received back my NARSUM and DA3947 a few weeks after completing my appointments. On the last day out of the 5 day appeal period for the MEB, I was informed by my PEBLO that my NARSUM, DA3947, and profile were actually going to get changed (DA3947 changed to all conditions meeting retention and profile from P3 to P2), which was extremely bad news. The next day (yesterday), it turns out that they only changed my NARSUM. I signed off on the DA3947 concurring with one condition failing retention. Today, I realized that my NARSUM has been changed in a very weird way (almost as though they were trying to influence the PEB turnout to Fit for duty). In ny Updated NARSUM, th physical profile discussion, treatment summary, prognosis statement, and impact on duty were all changed severely. Now my NARSUM makes it sound as though my condition does not affect my fitness for the military. I've had no medical appointments or anything in the past week (after my original NARSUM was approved) to justify any reasoning for them to make these changes in my NARSUM. This updated NARSUM was sent with my PEB packet. My question is, can they just change up a NARSUM like this without any medical checks or proof? Isn't this illegal? Also, how impactful is the NARSUM in general to the decision of the PEB? My legal attorney told me 9/10 times they hardly look at the NARSUM. I was informed I could write a memorandum to state the entities that were changed in my NARSUM and state that I have had no medical appointments that could justify any of these changes. Once again, to be honest, at this point I was to have the PEB come back as unfit for duty and get out of the military.

Thank you!

A little background of me. I was initiated for a MEB Jan 2019. At my current state in IDES, I want to get out of the military. I finished my MEB appointments Mar 2019. I received back my NARSUM and DA3947 a few weeks after completing my appointments. On the last day out of the 5 day appeal period for the MEB, I was informed by my PEBLO that my NARSUM, DA3947, and profile were actually going to get changed (DA3947 changed to all conditions meeting retention and profile from P3 to P2), which was extremely bad news. The next day (yesterday), it turns out that they only changed my NARSUM. I signed off on the DA3947 concurring with one condition failing retention. Today, I realized that my NARSUM has been changed in a very weird way (almost as though they were trying to influence the PEB turnout to Fit for duty). In ny Updated NARSUM, th physical profile discussion, treatment summary, prognosis statement, and impact on duty were all changed severely. Now my NARSUM makes it sound as though my condition does not affect my fitness for the military. I've had no medical appointments or anything in the past week (after my original NARSUM was approved) to justify any reasoning for them to make these changes in my NARSUM. This updated NARSUM was sent with my PEB packet. My question is, can they just change up a NARSUM like this without any medical checks or proof? Isn't this illegal? Also, how impactful is the NARSUM in general to the decision of the PEB? My legal attorney told me 9/10 times they hardly look at the NARSUM. I was informed I could write a memorandum to state the entities that were changed in my NARSUM and state that I have had no medical appointments that could justify any of these changes. Once again, to be honest, at this point I was to have the PEB come back as unfit for duty and get out of the military.

Thank you!
Hope you update soon l, even daily on actions you take or new news. Also, how did you decide on a legal attorney? I’m wondering how I can go about getting one that would help, but am hoping there are more than one option that helps service members and the government would cover

You need to speak to an attorney ASAP. Do not sign another thing without consulting an attorney.

You need to speak to an attorney ASAP. Do not sign another thing without consulting an attorney.

The attorney I have been speaking with is one of the Soldiers MEB Attorneys. Would you suggest I go speak with one of the JAG attorneys or hire a private/civilian attorney?

Hope you update soon l, even daily on actions you take or new news. Also, how did you decide on a legal attorney? I’m wondering how I can go about getting one that would help, but am hoping there are more than one option that helps service members and the government would cover

Everyone is referenced to the Soldier's MEB counsel. I've been speaking with one of the attorneys there.

Request an IMR and submit a rebuttal.

Actually, I was recently found out that the PEB determined me unfit for my condition that did not meet retention. Thank you again. I do have another question though. Is there a way to expedite the PEB process? I am trying to attend a Master's program that begins in September or August at the earliest. My original PEBLO (PEBLO changed a few weeks ago) said that I would be able to submit a memo along with proof of my application in order to make the process faster. However, my current PEBLO is not helpful at all (she hardly answers my calls or replies to my emails). Also, I cannot find any sort of contact to the Ombudsman.