National Guard Dual Status Civilian Technicians

Submission of Technician Retirement Packet this morning, I was told about 6 weeks is the norm for the initial notice to be returned. I expect to be out before Labor day.
Maybe someone can help me with some advice. So I am an Army Dual Status Mil Tech. Getting out with 40% Medical Disability.

They told me on my technician side they will afford me 60/40 meaning 60% of my base pay the first year and 40% every year after that.

I am not able to earn 80% above my high-3 years salary or my disability goes away. Does this include rental income if I own rental property and dividend income from stock investments?

Or does this only pertain to jobs that have a W-2?

What happens if 1-year I cash out stock and it pays me say $100,000 in gains that year. Does that mean my disability is gone as well?

Does this count income from the spouse as well or just my income?

Just trying to get a handle on how this works.

Thanks

The rentals might drive your income over the top. You need to get a little creative with your taxes, put the properties into a trust, maybe an LLC. Transfer your assets to the wife, there is no limit on her income.

Submission of Technician Retirement Packet this morning, I was told about 6 weeks is the norm for the initial notice to be returned. I expect to be out before Labor day.

I just got the approval letter, no money yet, but mine took 8 months.

After being at ABC Ft. Riley, KS since Sept trying to get it ready for forwarding to OPM it finally is off to them. I was told 2-8 months for OPM processing.

Look into the rules. Y
Maybe someone can help me with some advice. So I am an Army Dual Status Mil Tech. Getting out with 40% Medical Disability.

They told me on my technician side they will afford me 60/40 meaning 60% of my base pay the first year and 40% every year after that.

I am not able to earn 80% above my high-3 years salary or my disability goes away. Does this include rental income if I own rental property and dividend income from stock investments?

Or does this only pertain to jobs that have a W-2?

What happens if 1-year I cash out stock and it pays me say $100,000 in gains that year. Does that mean my disability is gone as well?

Does this count income from the spouse as well or just my income?

Just trying to get a handle on how this works.

Thanks
Oh rental income may not affect your disability if you can show its passive income. Meaning you don't actually work for it. It may be hard to prove since somebody has to collect rent, keep the property up, and etc. See what the rules are from the disability folks.

I have a question.....HRO is telling me that I will get a normal Discontinued Service Retirement and cant file for disability retirement...I'm getting put out of my military side for medical reasons. I am a dual status Military Reserve Technician (MRT) the normal DSR is at least 50 years of age and 20 years of service But I read that MRT's have to do 25 Years in seat as a dual status with no military buy back......can anyone help me with this? am I right that there is two different Discontinued service requirement....one for regular FERS employees and one for MRT (dual status) FERS employees?

anyone still on this channel?