NAVY- Great Lakes Timeline

enjk1975

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Here is my timeline to date for anyone it may help.

FEB 2012-MEB Request submitted via Command
MAR 2012- Initial contact from PEBLO w/ upcoming appt times and instrcuctions.
APR 10th-MAY 11th COMP/PEN VA Exams take place CAPT James A. Lovell FHCC
MAY15th- E-benefits shows Comp/Pen package "Under Review"
JUN 5th-PEBLO submitts pkg to PEB in Washington
JUN 12th- PEB receives/checks in pkg for review
JUN 20th- Found Unfit by PEB, notification sent on to VA in Rhode Island
AUGT 16th-PEBLO notifies me a new COMP/PEN Exam (scheduled 20AUG12) required by VA for range of motion Cervical Spine, not done on previous exam in April. :\
AUG 30th-VA finishes Proposed ratings. Says copy sent to PEB and onto PEBLO

Now awaiting the last stages in this ever so frustrating process. I will update everyone once I hear something more.

enjk1975

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Finally!!!! They are in!!! I received my IPEB results today. 10% DOD for Proxysmal Tachycardia (AVNRT) post ablation with recurrent arrythmias. 90% VA.

I know I am being low balled on the other conditions listed on my NARSUM, but I have no fight in me left for the Navy and I really need to get my anterior spinal fusion to help decompress my spinal cord at the C4-C5. I am confident I would be at least TDRL, but I really don't see the benefit to push on any longer. My husband is a retired Marine and we qualify for base privelleges, comissary, etc.. We also have insurance through my husband. So, I feel like I am not missing out on anything extra. My conditions are not-combat related.

I am rated 20% VA for this DDD C-Spine, 40% radiculapathy donimant arm (right) & 20% non-dominant arm (left). I also was rated 30% for adjustment disorder with depression due to the continous pain and the stressors of the military over the last few years. :( Also, rated 0% for migranes and fibromyalgia. Though, I plan to fight later for these ratings as I know I meet a higher rating...and i have the documentation to prove so.

I elected to seperate 25OCT12. I am hoping this really happens. Each day is like hell. I will keep everyone posted on the next steps. I am awaiting a call back from the VA to complete my exit exam. Thank you guys for the support. I don't know what I would do without this site!!!

enjk1975

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Has anyone challenged the VA after seperation to get a higher rating in which they know they qualify for? How did you go about it and what was your outcome? Thanks.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">