Navy IDES Timeline

Called just now and the Rep notified me that the VA is waiting on my DD214 to move onto the next step. I hate to use that word "assume" however it looks like that means that they have sent the ratings back to the PEB. I really hope so. I have a lot on my plate right now and this would be such a relief so long as I agree with the ratings.

Called the VA today and found out that they mailed me something on 05JAN2012 however they had the wrong address. She couldn't discuss what it was but said she was going to mail another copy out today to the correct address with a change of address form. Since a home address is part of individual validation and mine was incorrect I could not be fully verified to get more info.

I did ask if all the VA needed was my DD214 and she said I will want to read the letter closely when I get it. Doesn't sound like good news.

What do you mean waiting on DD214? How are you supposed to get that if you are still in the military??

All that the va can do is propose ratings until you are out. Once the ratings are finalized you would be drawing disability compensation. Now that I have signed my 199 I'm waiting on the many departments in psd to put orders together figure out if I owe to any organizations, send an official message, and write orders. My separation counseled notified me that I will have my DD214 before I go on terminal leave.