Navy orders?

docrich51

Registered Member
I have been watching this site through my whole peb process and it has helped a ton so I finally decided to join. My question is I signed my unfit findings on aug 6 and selected my date of seperarion sept 6 and I'm yet to hear anything I am being told many different time frames for navy orders and that pers has been back logged is anyone else having this issue? If so what time frame where you given for your letter to begin seperarion or get your new was date?

LT_Jake

Registered Member
From my experience with the Navy...

I signed my unfit letter on November 21st and requested my discharge date to be February 19th. I was out on February 13th.

Now, there is a fair amount of paperwork and whatnot that you have to do... (i.e. go visit PSD and get your DD214 squared away). Then you have to take a TAPS class, go visit the moving folks at your command to coordinate your move, and get your personal affairs squared away (i.e. finding your next house, paying deposits, etc). Now, during my process I was spending a decent amount of time working through one of the civilian head hunters to get interviews for a civilian job. I even flew cross country to do a few interviews before I was out of the Navy. My final day in the Navy was February 13th, I cashed 99 days of leave out, and I started my civilian job the next day (4 states away). Fortunately, in my case, my new employer paid to put me up in a Residence Inn for 2 months while I looked for a home. Thank God that some companies do relo packages...

Looking back 30 days would have been one hell of a rush. There really is a lot to do.

Good Luck.

navychic4ever

Registered Member
I have been watching this site through my whole peb process and it has helped a ton so I finally decided to join. My question is I signed my unfit findings on aug 6 and selected my date of seperarion sept 6 and I'm yet to hear anything I am being told many different time frames for navy orders and that pers has been back logged is anyone else having this issue? If so what time frame where you given for your letter to begin seperarion or get your new was date?
I am in the same boat as you, I signed my findings on Aug 27 and requested Oct 31 as my date of seperation and I still have not seen the message from PERS or anything in writing when my last day will be. My PEBLO said it normally takes about 2 weeks for PERS to do it's thing. Hopefully that is true and I will see my orders early next week.
I have done all my personal planning (I am going to school full time and have registered for classes etc), but I am at a standstill when it comes to the seperation process for the Navy! Without the message I can't arrange for my DD214, HHG move, etc. Another big issue is that I live in housing and am going to put in the request for an extension of housing (as per the sep guide) but without the message I can't, and was told that the housing request takes 30 days to process! I am watching the days count down and still have no way of truly knowing when my last day in the Navy is. So not only will I not have a job soon, I may not have a house! (and I'm a single mom!)
Not that being medically sep is not stressful enough the waiting for the message seems to be the worst part for me!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">