navy PEB results for major depressive/ptsd

Ok, My name is Nikki. I've been in for a little over 5 years and I since have been thru the entire process for the med board. I was on edge for a long time wondering what i would be rated for my conditions. I'm not promising that the same conditions will get you the same percentage- it could be lower or higher depending on the severity... But it's always good to provide hope for those of us still waiting.. so here are my results:

I was initally diagnosed with major depressive disorder- moderate recurrent and PTSD in Nov. 2010. These conditions are what I was referred to the medical board for. For the two above mental health issues I was awarded 50%.

For my additional conditions-I have obstructive sleep apnea w/ cpap use (50%)- which the medboard did not consider to be associated with my mental health. I also have venous insufficency disease(10%), gerd(10%), cervicalgia (severe neck strain) rated also at 10%.

so, final results are 50% disabled through the navy and a combined disability of 80% for the VA. I was told that this amounts to approximately between $1500-$1600 per month.

Now, I just have to find out how to execute my plans and checkout- I hope this helps peeps. lemme know if you have any questions

IAVA365

PEB Forum Regular Member
Nikki,
Glad that you are happy with the outcome. How long did it take for you to get through the process? Which MTF started your board? Any other info you have would be great! Thanks!!

gunmate1

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Just curious how did you come up with 80% for the VA? I have never heard of them combining all the %'s and coming up with a number like that.

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Just curious how did you come up with 80% for the VA? I have never heard of them combining all the %'s and coming up with a number like that.

If you look at the VA rating table, their "funny Math" on 50, 50, 10, 10, 10 comes out to 78%.

Rounded up is an 80% VA rating.

Marine32

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
gunmate,

When you go through the DOD/VA (I think it's called IDES now) pilot program like I did, the IPEB provides you with both the DOD unfitting combined ratings as well as the VA combined ratings. They give you a complete expanation in the findings you receive from the IPEB.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">