Navy TDRL to PDRL, Now What?

iThinkICan

Registered Member
Hope I'm posting in the right forum....

07/2014 TDRL DOD70/VA90
06/2017 VA 100PT
06/2019 TDRL RE EXAM and notice of placement on PDRL with DOD70.

After 4 years and 11 months on TDRL, I got prelimenary PDRL findings a few days ago Amen! Signed the election of options and its being processed now.

My questions are:

Now what? Paperwork said my case will be closed within 12 weeks. DFAS will compute my pay. My ID card expires on July 28. Where can I see updates to get a new ID card, Milconnect still shows end of eligibility this month. Please share your experience after your PDRL.

Many thanks!

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I have never been through the conversion from TDRL to PDRL, but there are others on this forum who have. Hopefully one will chime in soon. Best wishes in retirement.

NoleNation

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
What I had to after placement on the PDRL (from the TDRL) is email the DEERS office a copy of my updated orders. They updated me in the system. I then took my orders, newly issued DD-214, a million forms of ID (lol) to my base ID office they issued my new "blue ID."

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
[excerpt]

07/2014 TDRL DOD70/VA90
06/2017 VA 100PT
06/2019 TDRL RE EXAM and notice of placement on PDRL with DOD70.

After 4 years and 11 months on TDRL, I got preliminary PDRL findings a few days ago Amen! Signed the election of options and its being processed now.

My questions are:

Now what? Paperwork said my case will be closed within 12 weeks. DFAS will compute my pay. My ID card expires on July 28. Where can I see updates to get a new ID card, Milconnect still shows end of eligibility this month. Please share your experience after your PDRL.
General Finance Remarks.

1. It appears your DoD TDRL was at 70%. The PDRL percentage is the same. As you likely know, your retired pay was and will continue to be reduced by the amount of VA compensation.

2. The VA percentage changed. This affects the amount of retired pay reduced by amount of VA compensation...possibly it was reduced to zero when the VA was 90%. That info is not available here.

3. Often (and usually with regular retirees) there is a retroactive effective date for VA comp or its increase.
--The VA computes the amount of retro VA compensation
--The VA makes the VA audit available to DFAS via electronic means (in the case of retirees)
--The DFAS (in the case of retirees) audits the retired pay and the potential retro VA compensation
--Results of the DFAS audits are batch submitted to the VA only once a month and that is around the 5th the last time I checked.

4. You might want to consider the possibility of CRSC which replaces some or all of waived retired pay for combat related disabilities.
See CRSC LINK <----

5. From the very limited info available, it appears that any retro payment would be associated with VA compensation. There are many possible senarios.

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">