Navy Timeline - Millington, TN

CC913

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hey everyone, here is my timeline so far:

Referred: 09 MAR 2023
MEB Initiated: 21 MAR 2023
Brief(s): 23 MAR 2023
(Was told I slipped through the cracks by my PEBLO)
VA Intake Interview: 16 AUG 2023
First C&P: 05 SEP 2023
Last C&P: 13 SEP 2023
NARSUM: 16 NOV 2023
Lawyer Review: 20 NOV 2023
SM Cert: 21 NOV 2023
CA Cert: 29 NOV 2023
PEB Accepted: 04 DEC 2023

As you can tell I have been in this process for 9 months already. With the holidays looming I understand things might slow down, but from other timelines I have seen it seems the board is still processing cases in a good timeframe. If anyone has a similar timeline around the holidays I would appreciate hearing from you. My lawyer seems hopeful that we will hear something back around the first to middle part of January from what he has seen here recently.

Update 21 DEC 2023
Proposed Ratings Sent to the PEB: 14 DEC 2023

Today, I talked to a VA Rep due to my VA profile reflecting that my claim has been closed and a decision has been made. They notified me that a decision letter was sent via mail to my house yesterday in addition to them sending the ratings to the PEB. Is this letter going to show all of my proposed ratings or what information will that letter provide me?

Update 21 DEC 2023

Today, I talked to a VA Rep due to my VA profile reflecting that my claim has been closed and a decision has been made. They notified me that a decision letter was sent via mail to my house yesterday in addition to them sending the ratings to the PEB. Is this letter going to show all of my proposed ratings or what information will that letter provide me?
They don’t actually mail out the letter like they claim. I called the Va 1-800# and told them they forgot to send me the ratings in my email like they said they would (they aren’t supposed to give them to you) and they believed me and sent them to my email. It does show just your proposed ratings and not the breakdown of how you got it.

Update 21 DEC 2023

I did the same thing. Call the VA until you speak to a rep that will email you a copy. It only says the total VA %. Mine did not list the breakdown by condition.

Referred: 15 JUL 2023
C&P: AUG 2023
Sent to PEB: 31 OCT 2023
PEB Accepted: 20 NOV 2023
VA Ratings: 06 DEC 2023
Unfit: 19 DEC 2023

Similar timelines - I'll let you know if I hear anything. I'm expecting findings end of FEB early MAR after speaking to PEB yesterday.

I did the same thing. Call the VA until you speak to a rep that will email you a copy. It only says the total VA %. Mine did not list the breakdown by condition.

Similar timelines - I'll let you know if I hear anything. I'm expecting findings end of FEB early MAR after speaking to PEB yesterday.
Thank you for your timeline and update. Both VA representatives I talked to would not disclose any rating information. I am hoping to hear my status shortly after the New Year. This process has been nothing but stressful and long waits.

Happy Holidays, how and who did you contact at the PEB to find your ‘unfit’ findings? Is there an email or phone number to call? I don’t have any information and have been in the dark for about a month now.
My VA claim (Navy IDES) was closed on 27NOV. I am guesstimating I would hear something in FEB based on timelines on these forums. Thank you for your help and insight.

Thank you for your timeline and update. Both VA representatives I talked to would not disclose any rating information. I am hoping to hear my status shortly after the New Year. This process has been nothing but stressful and long waits.
I didn't get my VA rating right away. I spoke to 3 different representatives. Definitely recommend calling again until you get someone that can email you your proposed estimate! It was such a relief for me and at least makes the wait easier.

Happy Holidays, how and who did you contact at the PEB to find your ‘unfit’ findings? Is there an email or phone number to call? I don’t have any information and have been in the dark for about a month now.
My VA claim (Navy IDES) was closed on 27NOV. I am guesstimating I would hear something in FEB based on timelines on these forums. Thank you for your help and insight.
Here is the # for the PEB: 571-442-0592. You have to call a bunch before someone actually picks up and then you just ask for an update on your case.

Here is the # for the PEB: 571-442-0592. You have to call a bunch before someone actually picks up and then you just ask for an update on your case.
Definitely not having any luck getting through to this number. I keep getting sent straight to the automated voice messaging system. No one has answered.

Definitely not having any luck getting through to this number. I keep getting sent straight to the automated voice messaging system. No one has answered.
I’ve had luck calling at 0900 EST time, otherwise after the holiday season is probably your best bet.

Happy New Year everyone!
Just received word from my PEBLO that she is expecting my findings to be returned any day. A message she received from the PEB is that the Navy is cracking down on excessive timelines and that they want all findings back at the 30 day mark or less. Reading through other forum members posts about their extended wait times I really hope that this is true. My process as my timeline states started in March of last year. My MSC retired and was not replaced, as the VA put a hold on all cases out of Millington until they found a solution to the problem creating a lapse in care in addition to my PEBLO letting me fall through the cracks.
For those waiting on similar timelines I hope you all find out something soon as well and can be on your way into your next chapter in life.

Happy New Year everyone!
Just received word from my PEBLO that she is expecting my findings to be returned any day. A message she received from the PEB is that the Navy is cracking down on excessive timelines and that they want all findings back at the 30 day mark or less. Reading through other forum members posts about their extended wait times I really hope that this is true. My process as my timeline states started in March of last year. My MSC retired and was not replaced, as the VA put a hold on all cases out of Millington until they found a solution to the problem creating a lapse in care in addition to my PEBLO letting me fall through the cracks.
For those waiting on similar timelines I hope you all find out something soon as well and can be on your way into your next chapter in life.
It's about time the Navy cracks down on these timelines. Thank God

It's about time the Navy cracks down on these timelines. Thank God
Yeah, that is wonderful news lol. I'm like you, I've been shaking my head at this process for too long lol.

Called the PEB this morning and was told that they sent my case back to the VA for ratings. Once they receive my ratings back from the VA they will marry up my ratings to their findings and send them to my PEBLO. Hoping for further information here soon.

Happy New Year everyone!
Really hoping this is the case. Imagine taking 60 days to give a report to your DIVO! Just trying to get my proposed rating from the VA has proved challenging!

I didn't get my VA rating right away. I spoke to 3 different representatives. Definitely recommend calling again until you get someone that can email you your proposed estimate! It was such a relief for me and at least makes the wait easier.
This!!!!! Dont tell them ur in the IDES process. They will know if they look but most wont look. If u tell them tho then they dont have to look.

This!!!!! Dont tell them ur in the IDES process. They will know if they look but most wont look. If u tell them tho then they dont have to look.
For whatever reason my decision letter is dated for Monday (22Jan) so they wont give it to me yet. Strange they would date a letter in the future.

Update
Case Post-Adjudication / QA Start: 22 January 2024

PEBLO told me to call back next week for an update.

Update
Case Post-Adjudication / QA Start: 22 January 2024

PEBLO told me to call back next week for an update.
That would be extremely fast. Im not expecting anything until middle to end of March. Unless the Navy finally got their stuff together and actually started processing cases in a timely fashion. Where do you all see youre in QA? My ratings were sent to the VA the 22nd as well.