Navy Timeline OCT PEB submission

Good day, my Navy case was submitted to the PEB OCT 5th.

I am wondering is anyone has gotten results back recently and can share how long it took.
Mine took just under one month to find out I was unfit and I'm active duty navy. I signed my narsum September 8th. My package was recieved by the PEB September 14th and I found out October 13th that I was unfit. Now waiting for final findings and to sign my DD 199.

My PEBLO said today my case is with the medical officer. Any thoughts on what that means as far as timeline?

My PEBLO said today my case is with the medical officer. Any thoughts on what that means as far as timeline?
I have no clue but I'm assuming that means they are determining fit or unfit. I'd say it will take a month from when you signed your narsum. I haven't seen very many cases take longer than that around this time. You will probably be out of the military end of January unless you have take terminal leave.

I have no clue but I'm assuming that means they are determining fit or unfit. I'd say it will take a month from when you signed your narsum. I haven't seen very many cases take longer than that around this time. You will probably be out of the military end of January unless you have take terminal leave.
Thank you for your input. What do you mean by “unless you take terminal leave”. Would that move that date up? Or back.

Thank you for your input. What do you mean by “unless you take terminal leave”. Would that move that date up? Or back.
If you're final out date is December 29th and you have 30 days of terminal leave... you would count backwards 30 days and that would be when you start leave. Some commands give you 10 days of leave for house hunting and 10 for job hunting. Each branch is different I believe and if you're OCONUS you may get 30 days total of extra leave added to what you already have. You can sell your leave back as well.

Mine took just under one month to find out I was unfit and I'm active duty navy. I signed my narsum September 8th. My package was recieved by the PEB September 14th and I found out October 13th that I was unfit. Now waiting for final findings and to sign my DD 199.
Have you signed your DD 199 yet and received your separation date? I am signing mine on Wednesday and trying to get an idea of when I’d be leaving afterwards.

Have you signed your DD 199 yet and received your separation date? I am signing mine on Wednesday and trying to get an idea of when I’d be leaving afterwards.
I am AD navy so our process seems to be a bit longer as far as the time you sign your DD 199 and seperate. I signed mine October 16th and recieved my retirement date within one week. I recieved my orders around 2 weeks from the day I signed (OCT 16th). My retirement date is January 29th, 2021. If I remember correctly, they base the out date off of how much leave you have. You could be out of the military in December or January. I've heard and even talked to a few people from the army and marine corps and they signed for their ratings the same time as me and were out within a month. I will tell you that once you sign for your ratings everything moves so fast.

I am AD navy so our process seems to be a bit longer as far as the time you sign your DD 199 and seperate. I signed mine October 16th and recieved my retirement date within one week. I recieved my orders around 2 weeks from the day I signed (OCT 16th). My retirement date is January 29th, 2021. If I remember correctly, they base the out date off of how much leave you have. You could be out of the military in December or January. I've heard and even talked to a few people from the army and marine corps and they signed for their ratings the same time as me and were out within a month. I will tell you that once you sign for your ratings everything moves so fast.
Hello, I was told by my PELBO that once I accept the PEB's findings (Fit/Unfit) it is +/-90 days for your separation date.
Is signing the DD 199 the same as accepting the findings?
Does having a proposed 100% VA rating give me a good chance at 30% Dod?
I am still waiting to hear back from the PEB since my package was sent up in late Nov.
I hope to hear back in a week or two and hope to be separated by March. Do you think I have a chance? Thank you for the information.

Hello, I was told by my PELBO that once I accept the PEB's findings (Fit/Unfit) it is +/-90 days for your separation date.
Is signing the DD 199 the same as accepting the findings?
I am still waiting to hear back from the PEB since my package was sent up in late Nov.
I hope to hear back in a week or two and hope to be separated by March. Do you think I have a chance? Thank you for the information.
That is correct. However navy takes way longer than the army. You could be out a lot earlier than March. It shouldn't take longer than a month for them to present you with your findings. And again... if youre army that's different than the navy because I could only claim my main injury for DoD. If youre army you should be medically retired if you have 100%. I do believe you have a chance to be out by March for sure

The VA rates you for all service-connected disabilities.
The DoD rates you only for the disabilities that result in you being "unfit" for continued service.

I suspect that the part of the VA rating you received for the referred conditions by the DoD (the reason you had a medical board) would be the same.
In other words, if the 100% VA rating includes 30% for the DoD unfitting condition(s), that could be a clue.

@chaplaincharlie would be able to give you a more definitive assessment or forecast.

Good luck,
Ron

It depends on specifics.

That is correct. However navy takes way longer than the army. You could be out a lot earlier than March. It shouldn't take longer than a month for them to present you with your findings. And again... if youre army that's different than the navy because I could only claim my main injury for DoD. If youre army you should be medically retired if you have 100%. I do believe you have a chance to be out by March for sure
Thank you for your response. I am AD Navy as well and could you expand upon the calculations they make based on how many leave days you have?

The VA rates you for all service-connected disabilities.
The DoD rates you only for the disabilities that result in you being "unfit" for continued service.

I suspect that the part of the VA rating you received for the referred conditions by the DoD (the reason you had a medical board) would be the same.
In other words, if the 100% VA rating includes 30% for the DoD unfitting condition(s), that could be a clue.

@chaplaincharlie would be able to give you a more definitive assessment or forecast.

Good luck,
Ron
Thank you for the information RonG. I was shocked at the proposed 100% VA rating. I did not expect this high of a number.

Thank you for the information RonG. I was shocked at the proposed 100% VA rating. I did not expect this high of a number.
The part about a "clue" was speculation on my part.

I mentioned, "In other words, if the 100% VA rating includes 30% for the DoD unfitting condition(s), that could be a clue."
If my guess is correct, you would end up with 100% VA and 30% DoD disability in this example I created.

Good luck,
Ron