NBSD Timeline

Nikolas671

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone,
So my timeless is as follows:
-March 3, 2019 was sent to medboard for severe, persistent asthma.
-April 30, 2019 concluded my last C&P exam
-May 17, 2019 I got a call from my Peblo to review all my case files (VA doctor notes, NARSUM, NMA, etc) and to sign after review. I was told within 30 days I will know whether I'm fit or unfit.
-July 18, 2019 after 5 weeks of hearing "call back next week" from peblo, he tells me that my case was sent to VA for ratings and they haven't annotated anything on it.

Anyone have a similar timeline? I just want to know when this whole thing will be done, or at least if I'm fit or unfit.

Hey everyone,
-May 17, 2019 I got a call from my Peblo to review all my case files (VA doctor notes, NARSUM, NMA, etc) and to sign after review. I was told within 30 days I will know whether I'm fit or unfit.
-July 18, 2019 after 5 weeks of hearing "call back next week" from peblo, he tells me that my case was sent to VA for ratings and they haven't annotated anything on it.

Anyone have a similar timeline? I just want to know when this whole thing will be done, or at least if I'm fit or unfit.
***TIMELINE*

Check your AKO, It will not tell you what they are doing but it will say on what step it is in.
I'm in the Navy, but I have been checking the VA track claims website. And it's been at step 3 of 5 for a while now. I'll attach a screenshot of it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190719-073838.png
    Screenshot_20190719-073838.png
    290.9 KB · Views: 22
I'm in the Navy, but I have been checking the VA track claims website. And it's been at step 3 of 5 for a while now. I'll attach a screenshot of it
Try calling the 800 number. I called last week, they said they needed clarification on something from the examiner but nothing from me and to call next week for an update.

Hey everyone,

Nikolas, I was referred to MEB on 28FEB19. My package was sent to PEB on 10 MAY. I know that my package is now back at the PEB for final QA before it comes back to PEBLO (been there a little over a week). As far as the fit/unfit decision - you are unfit. Only unfit PEB packages go to the VA.

Take a look in E-benefits. Click on disabilities and then click on one of your claimed conditions. It should show a more detailed status than on VA.gov. It should say Gathering Evidence or Preparation for Decision. Preparation for Decision = They are working on it. It would not hurt to call them (401-223-3700 - Providence, RI VA Office). All Navy IDES cases go to Providence, RI. If they do answer the phone the person on the other end may or may not give you information. I have talked to one guy who is completely helpful and another guy who told me I was not supposed to be calling. Asking is free and all they can say is no. I have included my timeline below. Sounds like we were submitted around the same date.

Good luck.

23MAR18 - Start first LIMDU period (Major Depressive Disorder - MDD)
06SEP18 - Fit for duty
09NOV18 - Start Second LIMDU period (MDD)
20FEB19 - Referred to PEB
20MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Hearing)
27MAR19 - QTC Appointment (Dental)
02APR19 - VA Appointment (Head to Toe Physical)
05APR19 - VA Appointment (Mental Health)
10MAY19 - Package sent to PEB
17JUN19 - Found Unfit (Not sure of exact date)
02JUL19 - PEB results forwarded to VA. (Found out from PEB customer service)
11JUL19 - Claim shows closed at VA.GOV

Hey all,

So I called my peblo and he finally told me officially I was found unfit. They made this decision on 22July. He told me it will take two months to find out my ratings which will be in September. When do you think I should expect my last day in service to be? What were your last days in service upon finding out your ratings?

Nikolas, I was referred to MEB on 28FEB19. My package was sent to PEB on 10 MAY. I know that my package is now back at the PEB for final QA before it comes back to PEBLO (been there a little over a week). As far as the fit/unfit decision - you are unfit. Only unfit PEB packages go to the VA.

Take a look in E-benefits. Click on disabilities and then click on one of your claimed conditions. It should show a more detailed status than on VA.gov. It should say Gathering Evidence or Preparation for Decision. Preparation for Decision = They are working on it. It would not hurt to call them (401-223-3700 - Providence, RI VA Office). All Navy IDES cases go to Providence, RI. If they do answer the phone the person on the other end may or may not give you information. I have talked to one guy who is completely helpful and another guy who told me I was not supposed to be calling. Asking is free and all they can say is no. I have included my timeline below. Sounds like we were submitted around the same date.

Good luck.

06SEP18 - Fit for duty
Hey waste heat,
So did you ever find out your rating? I just found that that my claim shows closed 02AUG19 and called my two contacts who told me to just "wait, there's nothing I can do about it now" basically.

Hey waste heat,
So did you ever find out your rating? I just found that that my claim shows closed 02AUG19 and called my two contacts who told me to just "wait, there's nothing I can do about it now" basically.

Nickolas, my updated timeline below. I did get my findings. I received them 26 JUL and officially accepted them on 29 JUL - 50% DOD, 80% VA and TDRL. Once your claim shows closed it goes back to the PEB to be finalized/QAed. Mine took 12 days once back at PEB until PEBLO called me and said findings are back.

06SEP18 - Fit for duty
12JUL19 - Back at PEB going through QA
24JUL19 - PEBLO informs me findings are back (meet 7/26 to review)
26JUL19 - Received Findings 50% DOD/80% VA/TDRL
29JUL19 - Formally accepted findings
02AUG19 - VA exit interview

Hope this helps give you a point of reference.

Nickolas, my updated timeline below. I did get my findings. I received them 26 JUL and officially accepted them on 29 JUL - 50% DOD, 80% VA and TDRL. Once your claim shows closed it goes back to the PEB to be finalized/QAed. Mine took 12 days once back at PEB until PEBLO called me and said findings are back.

06SEP18 - Fit for duty
12JUL19 - Back at PEB going through QA
24JUL19 - PEBLO informs me findings are back (meet 7/26 to review)
26JUL19 - Received Findings 50% DOD/80% VA/TDRL
29JUL19 - Formally accepted findings
02AUG19 - VA exit interview

Hope this helps give you a point of reference.
Thank you so much, that was actually very helpful. I don't know why my Peblo and my lawyer just couldn't tell me that it would be sent back to PEB once closed. So once you found out your ratings, did you also find out your date of discharge?

Thank you so much, that was actually very helpful. I don't know why my Peblo and my lawyer just couldn't tell me that it would be sent back to PEB once closed. So once you found out your ratings, did you also find out your date of discharge?
So after you accept findings it goes back to the PEB. The PEB then sends a list to BUPERS (heard it referred to as an Index by PERS 954). Based on receipt of Index BUPERS (PERS 954) sends out a Naval message that goes to PSD and your command to notify them that you have been found unfit. That message will have your updated EAOS and PEB related information. This entire process takes 2-4 weeks.

A couple of notes:
1. PERS 954 will separate you within 90 days of the date you accepted findings.
2. There is no say in the retirement/separation date unless you have emergent requirements and any communication with PERS 954 regarding date changes must be approved through the chain of command and then sent to PERS 954.

Hope that helps.

Hey all,

So I called my peblo and he finally told me officially I was found unfit. They made this decision on 22July. He told me it will take two months to find out my ratings which will be in September. When do you think I should expect my last day in service to be? What were your last days in service upon finding out your ratings?

Everyone's last day in the militray after rating decision is different, it could be due to various factors: are you going to appeal the decision or not? Did you formally request your case to be expedited? How many terminal leave days you have left, do you want to take them all, sell back and get out? All the above factors will add or or decrease your last day in the military. My example, I requested my claim to be expedited, my rating result got to PEBLO one day after decision, I did my sit in review with the PEBLO this Monday, Legal review on Tuesday, and the paperwork sent to PEB/PBA for their part. Everyone in the process is tracking the expedite note on the files. I want my retirement order as soon as possible, then I will take my 60 days terminal leave plus house hunting TDY and move on. I would like my full paycheck while on terminal leave! I hope this helps.

Good luck.

06SEP18 - Fit for duty

Just curious to see what they rated you for Major Depression both DOD% AND VA%

Just curious to see what they rated you for Major Depression both DOD% AND VA%
DOD was 50% and VA was 80% (proposed). Think it will push to 100% based on additional evidence that was submitted. I will not know final VA rating until early November. I am on terminal leave until OCT 28th.

DOD was 50% and VA was 80% (proposed). Think it will push to 100% based on additional evidence that was submitted. I will not know final VA rating until early November. I am on terminal leave until OCT 28th.

Is there a DOD Pay chart for ratings or is it just based on your base pay as in 50% of your base pay?

Is there a DOD Pay chart for ratings or is it just based on your base pay as in 50% of your base pay?
It is calculated like High 3 retirement. They take the last 3 years of your service and average your base pay for that period of time. Then the average is multiplied by 50% (in my case). Then your retirement pay is offset by the amount you receive from the VA.

If you are over 20 years of service you are eligible for concurrent receipt of disability and retirement pay. I am over 20 years of service so I will be receiving concurrent receipt (both retirement and disability).