Need help, just notified of possible QMP in upcoming board in July

anthonywiley

Registered Member
I was just counseled by my Brigade CSM about me being looked at for the 14 July QMP Board. I am currently in the middle of my MEB. I need to submit paperwork and memorandum to the President of the Board before 30 May. Does anyone know what I can do or what type of memo I need to do? All help would be greatly appreciated.

scoutCC

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The QMP is determining if you have promotion potential. If you decide to submit something to the board, it would be the same thing as what you would submit to a promotion board. Explanations of what's in your record as far as how they shouldn't be held against you.

QMP cannot override the MEB (AR 635-40). The memo they have you sign with the commander if they decide to separate you specifically addresses the MEB taking precedence. The QMP says you still meet the standard, there just isn't room for you anymore due to promotion potential. Why QMP is eligible for TERA. Its possible being selected by the QMP for separation is a good thing if you are between 15-19 years, as it will establish eligibility for CRDP. I don't think you can submit anything asking to be selected though.

The QMP is only a problem if you are fighting to be found fit. Since you submitted a SSDI application I don't believe that is what you are fighting for. The QMP saying you should be separated would be supporting evidence for unfit most likely, since its likely to be based on a recent decline in performance, the same thing the PEB would look at in saying you are unfit.

clef462

Registered Member
C. WHEN THE SOLDIER REQUIRES REFERRAL TO THE PHYSICAL DISABILITY EVALUATION SYSTEM (PDES) (SEE PARA D,
BELOW), ENSURE THAT THE UNIT COMMANDER DOCUMENTS ON DA FORM 7652, PHYSICAL DISABILITY EVALUATION
SYSTEM (PDES) COMMANDER’S PERFORMANCE AND FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT THAT THE SOLDIER HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED
FOR QMP EVALUATION AND WHETHER A RECOMMENDATION FOR SEPARATION HAS BEEN APPROVED. USE SECTION II,
ITEM 2 AND SECTION IIID. IF DA FORM 7652 WAS COMPLETED BEFORE SOLDIER WAS IDENTIFIED FOR QMP REFERRAL,
ENSURE THE UNIT COMMANDER SUBMITS MEMORANDUM FOR RECORD OF THE INFORMATION TO THE MEDICAL
TREATMENT FACILITY (MTF).

D. WHEN THE MTF COMMANDER OR ATTENDING MEDICAL OFFICER DETERMINES THAT A SOLDIER BEING PROCESSED
FOR POTENTIAL DENIAL OF CONTINUED SERVICE UNDER THE QMP, DOES NOT MEET THE MEDICAL FITNESS STANDARDS
FOR RETENTION (SEE AR 40–501, CHAP 3), HE/SHE WILL REFER THE SOLDIER TO A MEDICAL EVALUATION BOARD (MEB)
IN ACCORDANCE WITH AR 40–400. THE QMP PROCEEDINGS WILL CONTINUE, BUT FINAL ACTION BY HRC WILL NOT BE
TAKEN, PENDING THE RESULTS OF THE MEB. IF THE MEB FINDINGS INDICATE THAT REFERRAL OF THE CASE TO A
PHYSICAL EVALUATION BOARD (PEB) IS WARRANTED FOR DISABILITY PROCESSING UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF AR 635–
40, THE MTF COMMANDER WILL FURNISH COPIES OF THE APPROVED MEB PROCEEDINGS TO THE SOLDIER’S GCMCA AND
UNIT COMMANDER. THE MEB PACKET FORWARDED TO THE PEB WILL DOCUMENT THE STAGE OF QMP EVALUATION THE
SOLDIER WAS AT WHEN THE MEDICAL NARRATIVE SUMMARY TO THE MEB WAS DICTATED. SEE PARAGRAPH C ABOVE.
THE GCMCA WILL NOTIFY, IN WRITING TO HRC, THAT THE SOLDIER WILL BE PROCESSED THROUGH THE PHYSICAL
DISABILITY SYSTEM. HRC WILL SUSPEND PROCESSING OF THE QMP ACTION PENDING THE PEB DECISION. IF THE SOLDIER
IS FOUND PHYSICALLY FIT, THE QMP ACTION WILL BE RESUMED. IF THE SOLDIER IS FOUND PHYSICALLY UNFIT, THE QMP
ACTION WILL BE ABATED. SOLDIERS FOUND UNFIT AND IDENTIFIED FOR QMP ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR
CONTINUATION ON ACTIVE DUTY (COAD) OR CONTINUATION ON ACTIVE RESERVE (COAR).

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">