Need help please

Jesbauer83

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi. Trying to get help to get a estimate of CRSC amount.
Gross pay- 1427.00
Service- 7 years 9 months
VA disability- 100%
CRSC approved for 70%
VA Pay- $3,6244.66
Spouse & 3 children
I believe that’s the information needed to calculate a estimate of the amount we might be getting. Can someone help me please?! If you need more info let me know and I’ll do my best to get it for you. Thanks!!

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hello @Jesbauer83

Some info is missing.

Gross pay- 1427.00 (I assume this is the retired pay before the reduction/waiver in the amount of VA compensation. Is that correct?)
Service- 7 years 9 months (is this active duty or active duty equivalent?)
What was the DoD percentage approved?
VA disability- 100%

CRSC approved for 70%
VA Pay- $3,6244.66
Spouse & 3 children

Ron

added:
Here is an excellent example of a complete reply to request for CRSC information. This involved a Chapter 61 retiree with less than 20 years active duty.

--The high 3 is $3872 Note: The gross retired pay from the DFAS RAS could have been provided; it is preferred because it includes COLA increases.
--I was approved for 50% DOD in my medical retirements
-- I have 18 years and 4 months and 15 days of active duty
--I receive 100% VA with is $3799.00 with include SMC-K with is $108.57 I have a wife and 5 kids that are under 18 years.
--Approved 60% CRSC-- wife and 5 kids that are under 18 years.

--I don’t qualify for any other retirement and I did not transition to the Blended Retirement System.

Jesbauer83

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello @Jesbauer83

Some info is missing.

Gross pay- 1427.00 (I assume this is the retired pay before the reduction/waiver in the amount of VA compensation. Is that correct?)
VA disability- 100%

CRSC approved for 70%
VA Pay- $3,6244.66
Spouse & 3 children

Ron

added:
Here is an excellent example of a complete reply to request for CRSC information. This involved a Chapter 61 retiree with less than 20 years active duty.

--The high 3 is $3872 Note: The gross retired pay from the DFAS RAS could have been provided; it is preferred because it includes COLA increases.
--I was approved for 50% DOD in my medical retirements
-- I have 18 years and 4 months and 15 days of active duty
--I receive 100% VA with is $3799.00 with include SMC-K with is $108.57 I have a wife and 5 kids that are under 18 years.
--Approved 60% CRSC-- wife and 5 kids that are under 18 years.

--I don’t qualify for any other retirement and I did not transition to the Blended Retirement System.
The 7 years 9 months is how long he was in.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
DoD was 50%
ok, i mentioned
"Some info is missing.
VA disability- 100%

CRSC approved for 70%
VA Pay- $3,6244.66
Spouse & 3 children"

Estimate using the information you provided
:

1. 1427/0.50 = 2834 average high three for base pay
2. Retired pay is reduced to zero by amount of VA compensation
3. 7.75 active duty years x 2.5% = 19.38% longevity multiplier
4. 2834 x 19.38 = 549.23 longevity portion of retired pay; your CRSC cannot exceed this amount.
5. CRSC @ 70% is much more than longevity amount.
6. Your CRSC will be 549.23 based on the information you provided.

Ron

Jesbauer83

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you! We should be getting a letter within the next week or so going over numbers. We weren’t expecting that much so hopefully this is close. Thanks again.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Thank you! We should be getting a letter within the next week or so going over numbers. We weren’t expecting that much so hopefully this is close. Thanks again.
His disability retirement orders will show his active duty equivalent if he was in the reserves. It is approximately 3/4 down the page under "Disability Retirement."
Added: just saw your comment about active duty.

Good luck,
Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">