need help with timeline

hawaiianana

Registered Member
So after reading a lot of posts, i realize i am completely confused about the process. I'm being MEB'd for mental health reasons. I was placed on code 37 in early April 2018 after being nondeployable for over a year. Then met with my commander April 27, 2018 and she signed the commander's letter (do not retain) and she said now its up to AFPC. But from what ive read, there should have been more done. Like a NARSUM. But i havent done that or anything else. Im so confused on this process. i was also told the PEBLO would contact me but no one has contacted me. It's been over a month now. And the doctor who iniated my MEB is currently on maternity leave so i dont know who else to ask about it. What should i do to get the ball rolling more and figure out where my case stands?

If you have met with your PEBLO, ask them to email you a copy of the NARSUM. More than likely, a PEBLO has seen your case because who else would ask your CC for a recommendation letter? If you haven't met with the PEBLO yet, call their office and ask them to discuss your timeline. Ask them if your package has been sent has been sent to AFPC, and if so, ask for a copy of your NARSUM. This is a short version of how it should play out:

DAWG convenes, decides MEB or RTD <----You are probably here
AFPC to decide MEB or RTD <-----or here
C&P exams
Sign your 618 package goes to IPEB
IPEB decides RTD or MEB and sends info to VA for ratings
VA sends back to IPEB for QA
You are notified

Good luck!

Completely agree with David on the timeline and reaching out to your PEBLO. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that not all PEBLOs are created equal. If you got a bad one, you're going to be stuck babysitting your own case until it gets resolved.

As such, I'd also recommend reaching out to the medical treatment facility about your NARSUM. Almost always, there are two medical providers who sign off on NARSUMs. One is your treating provider, and the other is normally a department head or division director type. That's especially true for mental health conditions, which typically require an extra psychiatrist or psychologist's signature if you're seeing a therapist or an LCSW. Even if your treating provider is on maternity leave, you should still be able to track down your NARSUM by talking to someone at the mental health clinic.

Do you know how to get in touch with the PEBLOs? If not, let us know what base you're stationed at and we might be able to pull some contact info for you.

V/r,
Matt

My PEBLO would not let me see the NARSUM until a full MEB was directed by AFPC. It took about a month for the nurse at AFPC to do the phone interview (mental health reasons as well), and then another couple weeks for the full MEB to be directed. Then after that, you complete the C & P exams at the VA and then wait around for a decision to be made....

My PEBLO would not let me see the NARSUM until a full MEB was directed by AFPC. It took about a month for the nurse at AFPC to do the phone interview (mental health reasons as well), and then another couple weeks for the full MEB to be directed. Then after that, you complete the C & P exams at the VA and then wait around for a decision to be made....

What has your timeline been so far?

What has your timeline been so far?

Mid Dec ‘16 - discussion with PCM and mental health to initiate MEB
07 Jan 18 - code 37 profile
21 Mar 18 - NARSM sent to MEB office
23 Mar 18 - CC impact statement sent to MEB office
26 Mar 18 - AFPC received IRILO paperwork
13 Apr 18 - Phone interview with AFPC for the mental health stuff
26 Apr 18 - Full MEB directed
01 May 18 - Initial PEBLO brief and met with MSC
02 May 18 - Submitted VA claims
03 May 18 - Recieved appt times for C&P exams scheduled for late May
31 May 18 - recieved subsuquent C&P exams for 1st week of June

Hopefully I’ll be done with these VA appts soon.... hope this helps...

It does thank you. I’m waiting on VA appointment times now. It’s been a little over a week. So fingers crossed I get my appointments soon.

Completely agree with David on the timeline and reaching out to your PEBLO. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that not all PEBLOs are created equal. If you got a bad one, you're going to be stuck babysitting your own case until it gets resolved.

As such, I'd also recommend reaching out to the medical treatment facility about your NARSUM. Almost always, there are two medical providers who sign off on NARSUMs. One is your treating provider, and the other is normally a department head or division director type. That's especially true for mental health conditions, which typically require an extra psychiatrist or psychologist's signature if you're seeing a therapist or an LCSW. Even if your treating provider is on maternity leave, you should still be able to track down your NARSUM by talking to someone at the mental health clinic.

Do you know how to get in touch with the PEBLOs? If not, let us know what base you're stationed at and we might be able to pull some contact info for you.

V/r,
Matt

i have no clue how to get in touch with my PEBLO. im at Hickam, any help would be appreciated.

i have no clue how to get in touch with my PEBLO. im at Hickam, any help would be appreciated.

The PEBLO in my case didn’t reach out to me until a full MEB was directed (which was about 4 months after they started the MEB). If you can’t wait til then, call the Med group. Someone there should give you the contact for the PEBLO office...