need help wondering when i get out!!!!

jeremydriskell

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I got a call from my peblo last week telling me I was unfit and it would be a few weeks till I find out my ratings my question is how much long usually after ur round unfit till your completely out I've been told 90 days after unfit finding but wqnt some clarification if anyone can help it would he much appreciated thanks!!!!

Well it has to goto the VA who in my case took about a month and then it goes back to the PEB who send it to your PEBLO. That took about a week and you can agree to it and it gets faxed back to the PEB. It took a week from that to get to the PDA who took 8 days to approve it. I would say about 50 days in my case.

Depends on your case and how many things you claimed and where they sent your paper work really. I got my unfit in September and just got my orders yesterday. Once you get your orders they give you 90 days to get out officially granted it will be sooner if you take leave. My guesstamite for you would be end of march with the holidays.

I actually had to call my peblo to ask about where my packet was in DC. It was sent up on October 20th. About 3 or 4 weeks ago I called to try and see If I should enroll in school full time or not (which I did anyway because I will be staying local to my current base) and she happened to notice that I was found unfit magically. Now I am just waiting on a rating from the VA. The honest truth on a "timeline" is there is no timeline. The VA has been working on a rating since they recieved my packet back in September. When they figure out a number they'll let me know, and I've come to terms with it. I;ve stressed so much about it and I know how much it sucks to not know when you can start planning to move, applying for jobs/school etc etc. But there's really nothign you can do but wait for the phone call from your PEBLO with the magical words "we have your rating!". Once you get your rating and concur, and sign then it is 90 days. I hope my post isn't harsh or rude but don't let anyone get your hopes up too high plan for the worst hope for the best. Good Luck!

where is the transitions office usually located on an installation??(might be a dumb question but i never knew i was able to do that)

all depends. they might have a Soldier support center where everything is located. Ours is in the same place where you inprocess. You can call post info or just ask around. Where are you stationed?

i signed my 199 last Monday got my separation memo on Thursday went to transition on Friday will get orders Monday if my terminal leave was signed and pick up clearing papers friday. My memo said 7 march for final day but transition changed it to 14 Feb. So transition is a huge part in when you get out. So yes it is a distinct possibility.

Depends on your case and how many things you claimed and where they sent your paper work really. I got my unfit in September and just got my orders yesterday. Once you get your orders they give you 90 days to get out officially granted it will be sooner if you take leave. My guesstamite for you would be end of march with the holidays.

Ok need some help guys, I am strongly confused on when this 90 day mark starts. Is it upon receipt of orders?

Two part question once you sign and accept your IPEB findings, how are orders calculated? For example will they "the powers that be" go off of how much days of leave you have and pick a retirement date that falls between the 23rd through the 28th of the next month? I seem to be getting the run around with this question and its frustrating.

Ok I'm going another tangent.

Another example thought:

If I received orders today and the orders said retirement date of March 10, 2012. Does this mean I have "X" amount of days to out-process, "X" amount of days to request PTDY and "X" amount of days to request terminal leave? And I somehow have to manage PTDY and Terminal leave both together and then throw in the 23rd-28th of the month for mandatory release from active duty date?... Last, do I have to deal with the MPF for this or can my S1 or orderly room handle my terminal leave request along w/ the PTDY? Since the orders would be cut prior to me requesting all the mumbo jumbo leave, do my orders get amended because of it or do i just get a regular leave form when I out process base? Thanks again.

thanks ahead of time, all thoughts and opinions, desired.

ok i concured with my VA findings last tuesday and am awaiting orders she sent off my concurance back to the PEB and i was told to go to transition which told me i have to wait to come up on orders before they can do anything so i guess that was a waste of time. Ive heard it usually takes about 2 weeks and i can request anyday to be out in that 90 window that is given to me they suggested on the 27th of a month so my pay goes through smoothly...has anyone heard this or can anyone tell me what happened in there case????

ok i concured with my VA findings last tuesday and am awaiting orders she sent off my concurance back to the PEB and i was told to go to transition which told me i have to wait to come up on orders before they can do anything so i guess that was a waste of time. Ive heard it usually takes about 2 weeks and i can request anyday to be out in that 90 window that is given to me they suggested on the 27th of a month so my pay goes through smoothly...has anyone heard this or can anyone tell me what happened in there case????

i know the dates between the 23rd through 28th are because so you can have va benefits or any other benefit start on the next month, otherwise there would be a lapse in coverage/pay. still wondering how this orders thing happens does it just pop up at my personnel section when head quarters generates and sends it? then from the personnel section does it get sent to my unit to notify me at the end?

Ok need some help guys, I am strongly confused on when this 90 day mark starts. Is it upon receipt of orders?

The way it was explained to me by the transition office at Fort Polk is that once your orders "hit the system" which is before you get them in hand, your 90 day window starts closing. Within those 90 days you clear (most of which you cannot do without orders anyway), and you are entitled to take whatever leaved you have accrued plus an additional 20 days PTDY if your CDR grants it.

This whole hurry up and wait sucks. Lucky for me my wife has made the first step in our transition by moving to Austin so I will have an address for HHG shipment and a place to go as soon as this process ends. If you are entitled to BAH and live on post then clearing housing should be a high priority, as soon as you vacate you start collecting the BAH while you're on leave, however it is only for your duty zip code not where you move to, but that is still a big chunk of change that will come in handy during the transition.

i know the dates between the 23rd through 28th are because so you can have va benefits or any other benefit start on the next month, otherwise there would be a lapse in coverage/pay.

BTW thanks for this information. I might have picked it up down the line, but I hadn't thought of that gap that might occur. You got to love this forum!