Need Help!

brittfox

Registered Member
Okay so I have been seeing mental health and have been told I'm getting MEB'd, my provider just told me my papers are being sent up to see if I'm getting a medical discharge or admin (because they say my PTSD is childhood related) this whole time I've been under the impression I'm going through a medical discharge. Huge news to me!! I want to know if any of you know the criteria they look for when determining admin or medical discharge. I don't care what type I get anymore just want out ASAP. I joined the AF in September 2018 if time in service has anything to do with it. Thanks in advance!

Who is the the "they" that told you it is childhood related?
Who is deciding if you are being medically discharged or admin discharged?
Have you been entered into the MEB program and declared IDES or LDES?

My therapist told me it was all childhood related. And my therapist said that she sent up my case to her flight chief to decide what type of discharge I'm getting. I haven't been entered the MEB program, I have no idea what's even going on with my case. I signed a paper at my squadron last week voluntarily giving up my AFSC which is SF

Your local Med Group doesn't decide your retainability per se, they decide if you enter the MEB or if they need to notify your commander of retainability issues regarding medical disqualifications. MEBs are ordered by the DAWG after they are asked to review your medical records for possible unfitting conditions for reenlistment, retainablility or deployabilty.

You Med Group should tell you exactly who they are contacting for guidance, either your commander or the DAWG.