Need suggestions

Rickybobby33

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am suppose to be checking out so that when it comes time for my new EAS I'll be ready to leave but I was sent on a 40 day op instead and was told it was because I wouldn't be doing field work. My peblo was no help. Any suggestions?

I am suppose to be checking out so that when it comes time for my new EAS I'll be ready to leave but I was sent on a 40 day op instead and was told it was because I wouldn't be doing field work. My peblo was no help. Any suggestions?
It depends where you are in the IDES process...

The VA took 78 days to determine my proposed ratings after it was sent from the PEB. The PEB has had it back for 39 days and counting. I will still have to sign the 199 if I accept it without appeal and then wait for orders, which from the best I can tell are taking 4-6 weeks (some a little faster, some slower). Your 10 days for clearing come after this.

I would say you can safely assume you have at least 40 days before you clear and that is if you have a fairly simple claim and no appeals required.

The real question is, what are the limitations on your profile? And where are you on your SFL requirements.

The VA took 78 days to determine my proposed ratings after it was sent from the PEB. The PEB has had it back for 39 days and counting. I will still have to sign the 199 if I accept it without appeal and then wait for orders, which from the best I can tell are taking 4-6 weeks (some a little faster, some slower). Your 10 days for clearing come after this.

I would say you can safely assume you have at least 40 days before you clear and that is if you have a fairly simple claim and no appeals required.

The real question is, what are the limitations on your profile? And where are you on your SFL requirements.
My limitations basically say I can't do field work, carry any weight or do physical exercise. I have a very simple claim and so far the process has been very fast. My PEBLO told me that it I'l" get my ratings before the 40 days and once I sign those I will have very little time left and that's why I need to start checking out so I'm not late on it.

Honestly, without orders there are no clearing papers and no checking out. Sounds to me like you have a very optimistic PEBLO. Take a look on your dashboard and see what the average times are for the VA rating, PEB findings, and the PDA approval. Again, this is without having to appeal. You need to be available to sign your 199 when the PEB sends their findings. Not sure if you are doing a local Op or if it is deployed to another station. If it is a deployed Op, would make sense to leave you behind, If it is local, reality is it won't interfere with your process at all as long as the PEBLO has a way to contact you.

I go back to the your SFL requirements (ARMY). Are you complete? If not, are you scheduled? If you are not complete, and you are scheduled, take your appointments it to your commander. Other than that, stay within the scope of your profile.

Honestly, without orders there are no clearing papers and no checking out. Sounds to me like you have a very optimistic PEBLO. Take a look on your dashboard and see what the average times are for the VA rating, PEB findings, and the PDA approval. Again, this is without having to appeal. You need to be available to sign your 199 when the PEB sends their findings. Not sure if you are doing a local Op or if it is deployed to another station. If it is a deployed Op, would make sense to leave you behind, If it is local, reality is it won't interfere with your process at all as long as the PEBLO has a way to contact you.

I go back to the your SFL requirements (ARMY). Are you complete? If not, are you scheduled? If you are not complete, and you are scheduled, take your appointments it to your commander. Other than that, stay within the scope of your profile.
Seems like your case got super backed up. All the marine corps cases seem to be going very quick. Marines are getting their va ratings back anywhere from 1-4 weeks after the va gets them. I would assume that your rating will definitely be back while your on the 40 days so talk to your limited duty cordinator and explain that. Otherwise, the lawyer would be my next call

Seems like your case got super backed up. All the marine corps cases seem to be going very quick. Marines are getting their va ratings back anywhere from 1-4 weeks after the va gets them. I would assume that your rating will definitely be back while your on the 40 days so talk to your limited duty cordinator and explain that. Otherwise, the lawyer would be my next call
Exactly thank you. My case has been moving very quickly, and they're out here making me do dumb stuff for no reason when I should be focusing on more important things for myself.