Needing help figuring out what courses of action I can take?

Wow, it definitely seems that the "ill" treatment for DoD IDES participants is wide-spread throughout all of the military branches unfortunately. :(

Hmm, it would seem that I could probably write a best-selling novel with the DoD IDES & Army Command experiences I endured as a Senior O-5 from a 32+ year military "stellar" career. :eek:

Hence, upon acceptance into the DoD IDES, the instant "non-performer" perception became a reality in the eye of many and I was now wasting the Command's time. :mad:

As such, I had to fight my O-6 rater's bias & erroneous comments on my final (e.g., retirement) officer evaluation report while being a "Referred OER" albeit I didn't deserve an automatic below center of mass "sh*t-bag" evaluation!

In short, I was indeed successful and received a "Referred OER" written with honesty which allowed me to write an inclusive three-page rebuttal describing my physical and mental impairments effecting military duty performance; a non-Referred OER would not have given me that opportunity.

Nonetheless, please continue to persevere so "that in the end the juice is worth the squeeze." ;) Take care, brother!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!
Thank you sir

I know that at the very beginning of the MEB process- first contact- I was sent a bunch of forms to fill out, sign, and bring with to the appointment with the PEBLO. I remember one of the papers that I had to sign was that I had to be available, no leave will be granted while in MEB, but if leave was already approved, they can work around it. They want you local so they can contact you and you have maximum time for all the steps- legal to review NARSUM, write a rebuttal if necessary-
Very true, I'm probably one of the few people on here from what I read in other posts where my peblo calls me once a week just to check on me, keep me informed, and for the most part shot the shit so to speak. So when I got asked to interview, I talked to him and my va rep to cover timelines and they said I was good to go and that my narsum won't be done till 11 March

Didn't read this post....just saw that it came after mine and scanned a few lines....

Just re-iterating, let's make sure we are all on the same page as to our goals here. We are trying to help the most deserving folks I can think of....our fellow servicemembers and/or Veterans.

Carry on (with the above in mind). (I will read the above when I have a chance, but, I have some other matters to attend to now....everyone's courtesy and professionalism is appreciated).
Thanks Jason for one bringing this great tool to the military community so that we can help and inform each other during this process and for answering my question. Thank you

Well a funny thing happened last week when I went into work the day in-between my C & P exams, apparently Cadet Command had IG at the school to do an annual inspection and magically right before my interview I got my DA 31 handed to me signed and approved. Also I found out from my SMI that the Brigade chain of command nor the Brigade Nurse has been informed that I am in the IDES process, which has been going on since November. Which isn't going to look good for the home team especially since my PMS didn't sign my OER, which is now passed the 90 days since it was do.

The treatment by Army leadership is just terrible

I couldn't agree more! Here's the official recent guidance from the Commandant of the Marine Corps.

"b. Increase the number of deployable and ready Marines across the Force. – All Commands and HQMC Agencies We will immediately and aggressively reduce the number of nondeployable Marines and Sailors, especially those injured during training."

http://www.hqmc.marines.mil/Portals/142/Docs/CMC FRAGO 01 19JAN16.pdf

...Which isn't going to look good for the home team especially since my PMS didn't sign my OER, which is now passed the 90 days since it was do.
Wow! In my opinion, this should never happen; no matter what the situation...questionable command leadership indeed! :eek:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

The Army is hot on the bandwagon to reduce non deployables as well, the new SMA Dailey stated this publicly a few months ago. They cast is aside like trash.

Wow! In my opinion, this should never happen; no matter what the situation...questionable command leadership indeed! :eek:

Best Wishes!
I was surprised as well, I think a lot of shit is going to pile on with the failure to inform of IDES and failure to meet the 90 day from due date window into HRC especially when this is an extended annual to boot.

The Army is hot on the bandwagon to reduce non deployables as well, the new SMA Dailey stated this publicly a few months ago. They cast is aside like trash.
I remember when I was the Senior Medic for 4-101 Pathfinders at Campbell and they just started the WTUs, we where told to scrub the perm profiles and extended temps to push into WTU to clear up space in the units.

I was surprised as well, I think a lot of shit is going to pile on with the failure to inform of IDES and failure to meet the 90 day from due date window into HRC especially when this is an extended annual to boot.
Indeed, I definitely agree albeit it's not your fault; therefore, please don't accept any potential "backlash" as a direct result for sure!

Wow, this type of lackadaisical non-leadership truly burns my...it begins with an "a" and ends with two "s" in conjunction to my IBS-D medical condition! Take care, brother!

Best Wishes!

Update, I was just informed this morning that I won't be going TDY this summer, this all happened after I contacted Brigade to update them on me being in IDES system.

Update, I was just informed this morning that I won't be going TDY this summer, this all happened after I contacted Brigade to update them on me being in IDES system.
Ah, good deal indeed; one down and two to go! ;) Take care! :cool:

Best Wishes!

Best thing to do would be contact your OMBUDSMAN! They are outstanding at resolving issues within your chain of command and work for YOU.

Selected text written by Jason Perry a few years ago.

A revival of his post is warranted due to a few isolated incidents.
The bottom line: No one is superior to another on this board (Jason is the owner of course). This is applicable to all categories of members, moderators and visitors/regular members alike. Having a unique expertise does not give one the right to belittle others.
If you receive information which you think is wrong, say so without insulting the person (a volunteer) who went to the trouble of providing an answer.

RonG, Moderator
cc: @Jason Perry @chaplaincharlie @Provis @Guardguy11 @RetiredColonel-MikeT @oddpedestrian
Haven't followed this thread and this is my first look at it. So, my comments or views may not encompass all that has gone on and I may be missing context that said, here are a few thoughts:

Let's take a minute and BREATHE. We are here to help folks and if someone is out of line or doubting another's issues or circumstances, that is not the point. On the other hand, if there is a mistake or misunderstanding, also, credit the point that someone answered your posts. I don't countenance disrespect on anyone's part. I also do not have a problem with folks responding to what they perceive as belittling them (within reason). This place is not for fighting or getting into jabs at each other. If someone is trying to help, but is not, I think the best response is to ignore the comments and or agree that no further response is welcome. I really have little to no interest in acting as a referee here. Maybe folks have rubbed each other the wrong way. Whatever...my point is that this is not a place to get into conflict and while I will let reasonable discussions go on (including disagreements), I will quash unproductive or unhelpful conflicts. My rules and I think that is for the best.

Know that while it seems you have had a bit of angst and distaste for @scoutCC's response, he has helped countless folks here and in my estimation only wants to see you and others get a good outcome. Let's again BREATHE and understand the point of this site- to help others, to share information and to be a community. Not everyone is going to get a long and not everyone is going to agree. Just don't see much to be gained by squabbles and we all want the same- proper and correct award of what is due folks based on their service. We are on the same side here.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited: