Negative CC Letter

Milt

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My commander wrote a negative letter. Stating that he believes I am faking my injuries. The two items I am being MEBd for are well documented and the NARSUM fully contradicts his letter. Now my question is should I seek legal counsel about writing an LoE for the commander's letter? Also this went past the initial rilo stage so should I be worried with such a letter written?

If you have a copy of the Commander's request, keep it. As long as it is properly documented, it will make your commander look bad. And once you get your unfit/fit, if it comes back unfavorably, rebut the decision.

Personally, if that was my situation, I would formally file a complaint to the IG when I am out of the service, because that is completely unacceptable. All situations are different though, and who knows how they are perceiving this.

If your medical records contradict your CC letter I would take both to the IG and perhaps to the defense counsel to see if an Article 138 situation exist.

If your medical records contradict your CC letter I would take both to the IG and perhaps to the defense counsel to see if an Article 138 situation exist.

I guess I'm worried about retaliation in and out of service. I will be staying in the career field and don't want him affecting getting hired. I am hoping they read the letter and realize it sounds very ignorant since he constantly claims I don't have any issues and that I'm making them up to get out of doing anything. One of my issues was diagnosed in an ER and I will be taking medicine for it for life to control it.

What career field? A lot of times, a civilian counterpart job has nothing to do with the Military unless its a GS or contract position. I am medical, got a Clinic Manager job on the outside, and I had to pull that card.

Well, I guess when you are going back into the DOD for a job, you need to watch your toes.
Tread lightly, but you are entitled to your opinion on the process, and they cant fire you for it after you are in the position. Either way, the process will make its way through, I would look at other jobs too if you wanted to pursue the complaint.

Yeah I'll probably just wait until I'm out. It just sucks because we had a sit down and he took my honesty and used it to his agenda in his letter.

It sounds like he can already not be counted on to be helpful later. Filing a complaint now, if validated by the IG, could tie his hands later (due to a potential retaliation complaint).

It sounds like he can already not be counted on to be helpful later. Filing a complaint now, if validated by the IG, could tie his hands later (due to a potential retaliation complaint).

I guess I'm worried it'll throw off the MEB process. Will waiting until it is over be a bad idea if I decide I want to file it then? Because if I get out I am going to just put him in the rearview mirror because I have other plans in my life than dealing with that bs.

Its your choice, I just think it will be moot if you wait until later.