Never offered MEB after being given permanent profile after Fracturing vertebrea

formerarmyguy

Registered Member
I was never offered a MEB after returning back from Iraq. I was diagnosed with T12 being fractured and was told that I would not be able to run again. I am service connected through the VA, but I think I should have been offered an MEB upon return to my DEMOB station. Am I wrong on this or should I try to go to the Board of Corrections of Military Records and try to get this corrected.

You should file a claim. It is a long process, but the sooner you file the sooner you will know.

The extent of your injuries would determine whether you should have been retired or not.

You should file a claim. It is a long process, but the sooner you file the sooner you will know.

The extent of your injuries would determine whether you should have been retired or not.

What is the process for filing the claim. I know there is a time limit. I do have all my medical records where I was treated while in country, and all of my medical records from the VA where I have had test and physical therapy. I also received a permanent profile while I was in country and was not able to maintain my weight because of the pain.

The time frame is often waived. File a claim with the BCMR. You will want to provide evidence that your VA rating at the time of discharge should have been unfitting. Look in the resource section of this website and your will find your services guidance for what is unfitting.