New at this, got my decision today

LS1Mike

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have no idea what it means. Never really thought I would hear back when I sent the stuff in like 2 years ago maybe some of you guys can help me out.
It says "your records will be corrected to reflect an increase in the disability rating awarded by the Physical Evaluation Board from 10 to 30 percent with assignment to the Permanent Disability Retired list."

So ummm I have no idea what this means.

Mike

Former ET1/SS (Submarines)

Sounds like you just went from vet to retired. What exactly did you do to get your DoD disability increased after your separation?

2 years ago I got the application in the mail, filled it out. Forgot about it and it came in the mail today. I am already a federal employee and bought back my Navy and Army time.

Well at least you'll get the blue I.D. card and have retirement benefits now. Congrats!

Well shit. I am not sure what to do or even what happens. LOL
You will get another envelope in a couple weeks. That will tell you what to do. You will get your orders with amended DD215 to reflect your DD214.
Congratulations on your retirement.

It feels weird. Still trying to figure out how pay works. What about the severance I received when I left do I have to pay it back? What about my Government job. Not a lot of answers out there.

Congrats. Tricare is a huge benefit to many. It pays as well or better than many other policies.

I have no idea what it means. Never really thought I would hear back when I sent the stuff in like 2 years ago maybe some of you guys can help me out.
It says "your records will be corrected to reflect an increase in the disability rating awarded by the Physical Evaluation Board from 10 to 30 percent with assignment to the Permanent Disability Retired list."

So ummm I have no idea what this means.

Mike

Former ET1/SS (Submarines)

Congrats!!! You have finished. :)

It feels weird. Still trying to figure out how pay works. What about the severance I received when I left do I have to pay it back? What about my Government job. Not a lot of answers out there.

if you owe severance, that will be taken first. I am also a government worker and it doesn't affect you. I am not sure about your time. Once I received my final paperwork, I am going to take it to my HR and see if anything changes for the time I bought back.

I'll let you know once I get that info.

I paid my severance back when I first got out. My VA checks were half until I paid it all back. I called the benefits line and asked, they said it has no affect on the time I bought back due to the type of retirement, but you work for the government so you know how that goes. :)