New Condition during IDES-AGR Title 32

brianmatt31

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi All, just wanted to pass on some information that I got from my JAG representative at Camp Atterbury (CAIN) this week.
I have a new PEBLO, Mr. Pruitt, and I cannot get information out of him at times and I communicate with him through emails so I have a record of the transactions. I've been researching the to do's and how the IDES process works since I'm been in it (Sep 2016) and any time I ask Mr. Pruitt a question or questions I'm not getting correct information. Sometimes he is good and more than half he changes his answers up from what he has told me in the past.
My current situation is that I have a new condition (Neurocardiogenic Syncope) that just got diagnosed in May 2017. I've been worrying about getting it added to this current medical board or if I should get a new profile and start the process completely over. I asked Mr. Pruitt if there was a way to get it added so that DoD would use it as unfitting since I have two others that is unfitting and I don't see getting to 20 AFS (I'm at 17 AFS now). He told me two weeks ago that the PEB is where I'll do the appeal to get it added but yesterday when I asked him about it again he blew me off saying that I should have added this new condition last year with my VA MSC when the process started. He said I'd have to wait and add it after this IDES is completed. lol. Geez! And I thought the Soldiers relationship with the PEBLO is suppose to be a good one but I think I might just have gotten one that is there for a job and doesn't realize that his job is there to assist Soldiers that are medically broken and this is their future we're fighting for at the moment. My first PEBLO was amazing but she moved out of state so I was assigned Mr. Pruitt. All the information that I have knowledge on is from this forum, AR's, others that have gone through this process, my VA MSC Mr. Brian Dunlea, militarymadeeasy.com, VASRD, the VA website, internet searches and the JAG.
So my advice I got from JAG this week. They confirmed that they will type up a memo to get my new condition added to my current medical case but it would help me if I got a LOD. I informed him that as a AGR Title 32 my State does NOT do LODs on us and I know that really does hurt in this process. BUT I did get a ILOD memo for the new condition along with having my cardiologist fill out a DBQ for the condition. My JAG rep said that is all he needs to fight the PEB when my DA 199 comes in.

So my advice is like everyone else on here says. Do NOT stop fighting and reading. Learn as this is your case and your future for your family.

Sorry, I also have a copy of what we use to show the injury is in the line of service for AGRs since we don't get an actual LOD (2173). I can add a copy of the ILOD that I have on here so that you all see what we do if your State doesn't do that for any AGRs. The ILOD memo is the same as a LOD with the Commander's signature but typed up by the JFHQ medical services.

So here is an update. Strangely I received a phone call tonight from the Seattle VA office on my case. They have looked into my VARR and spoke to me about what they can do to help. For one condition (skin) I was advised that the subject matter expert has looked at the misdiagnosis and even updating that to what it should have been listed there would still be no change and the VA will not change the name. BUT for the new condition he informed me that all I have to do is fill out a new claim VA 21-256 and send that with all documents through my VA MSC to get loaded. He said I could do that through ebennies but the VA prefers the VA MSC to load all new and current documents as that is the fastest way because the VA MSC will load it onto the VA system then they will let the VA Seattle office know that its all loaded and then they would review it to update my case. I was shocked!!!!!

So for anyone reading this make sure you do a VARR if you need to but keep fighting as this has shown me that it is not at all lost and my career is still worth something.