New diagnosis marked as severe...

OGMarine

Registered Member
(DSM-5 Criteria): The veteran’s current presentation is consistent with diagnoses of Insomnia
Disorder, Major depressive disorder, recurrent, moderate, Generalized anxiety disorder, and
Panic disorder. Level of psychological distress based on the veteran’s self-report and diagnostic
clinical interview is SEVERE.

I know it's hard to say for sure, but can anyone provider some insight on where a diagnosis like this will be?

Thanks

(DSM-5 Criteria): The veteran’s current presentation is consistent with diagnoses of Insomnia
Disorder, Major depressive disorder, recurrent, moderate, Generalized anxiety disorder, and
Panic disorder. Level of psychological distress based on the veteran’s self-report and diagnostic
clinical interview is SEVERE.

I know it's hard to say for sure, but can anyone provider some insight on where a diagnosis like this will be?

Thanks
I would really love to get some feedback here. A little more information...I am already rated at 30% for insomnia, however it has gotten to the point where I am seeking help. the DSM-5 criteria I provided is the result of seeing a phyciastrist. If anyone can help with whatever information they have on what would be best guess on my rating I would welcome the information. Thanks again everyone!

Total occupational and social impairment, due to such symptoms as: gross impairment in thought processes or communication; persistent delusions or hallucinations; grossly inappropriate behavior; persistent danger of hurting self or others; intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living (including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene); disorientation to time or place; memory loss for names of close relatives, own occupation, or own name.​
100​
Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships.​
70​
Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of short- and long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships.​
50​
Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily, with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events).​
30​
Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or symptoms controlled by continuous medication.​
10​
A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication.​
0​

It’s nearly impossible to tell from your post how you fit into the VA criteria…. More details please.

I can understand how challenging it can be to manage multiple mental health conditions.

I can understand how challenging it can be to manage multiple mental health conditions.
It's important for the veteran to work closely with a mental health professional to receive proper treatment and support. In the meantime, they may find some relief by incorporating relaxation techniques into their daily routine and by making their sleep environment as comfortable as possible. Perhaps they could consider investing in the most comfortable reclining chairs to help them relax and rest.