New Directive Type Memo on Integrated DES

Jason Perry

Founder and Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I have uploaded the most recent DTM on the Integrated IDES. I have seen some important changes/clarifications that I will post about separately. This was issued on Dec. 19, 2011.

UPDATE:

I have left the original file in place. However, there has been an update, dated 3 May 2012, which I have uploaded as well. (the updated reg is the one titled DTM 11-015).

UPDATE 2: I have now include the newest version, Change 3.

Attachments

• DTM-11-015 Integrated DES.pdf
    769.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DTM-11-015.pdf
    974.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DTM-11-015 Change 3 Aug 8 2013.pdf
    560.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Jason,

I find it amusing that they believe Reserve Component members can complete IDES requirements during drill weekends.

I just finished reading the entire document. It answered many questions I had. It spells out the timeline and anticipated process of events.

DOD sure must be expecting to have a huge "Reduction In Force" over the next couple of years. I sure hope this new process works to aid those who willingly or otherwise have been fed to the DES machine.

Never Surrender

Well with congree re-approving 15yr TERA, extending VSP for enlisted and officers etc. I can say indeed they are. I honestly figure 30% of the army/marines who "voluntarily" extended for their 4th 5th or 6th tours in iraq will be seperating this year, and another 10-20% of the total force will be facing some type of MEB/PEB/VA claim in the same time frame. couple that with we are at the 20-30 year range of those who joined during desert storm/shield or after due to uprising in patriotism, alot o chance for turnover in all branches "soon"

Well with congree re-approving 15yr TERA, extending VSP for enlisted and officers etc. I can say indeed they are. I honestly figure 30% of the army/marines who "voluntarily" extended for their 4th 5th or 6th tours in iraq will be seperating this year, and another 10-20% of the total force will be facing some type of MEB/PEB/VA claim in the same time frame. couple that with we are at the 20-30 year range of those who joined during desert storm/shield or after due to uprising in patriotism, alot o chance for turnover in all branches "soon"

Hi TSgt Twitch, thanks for the reply. Could be great news indeed. Link http://armyforums.com/news/5177-woo-hoo-15-year-retirements.html

I hope this is not approved too late and I will be given an option to retire with 17 AD years and not have to get involved in the IDES. Any thoughts on that? I anticipate official MEB notification as early as 07 Jan 2012.

Never Surrender

Is there an expected timeline that the President will pass the bill into law or veto it or Is It In Effect Now?

Never Surrender

Hi TSgt Twitch, thanks for the reply. Could be great news indeed. Link Woo-hoo 15 year retirements!!

I hope this is not approved too late and I will be given an option to retire with 17 AD years and not have to get involved in the IDES. Any thoughts on that? I anticipate official MEB notification as early as 07 Jan 2012.

Never Surrender

You know as much as i do at this point. Although i think TERA is not going to be a permanent retirement option, and if you are in the MEB process it would be denied anyway. so i do no believe there is hope for those over x number of years to retire and recieve concurrent receipt yet unless your 20+ or combat.

You know as much as i do at this point. Although i think TERA is not going to be a permanent retirement option, and if you are in the MEB process it would be denied anyway. so i do no believe there is hope for those over x number of years to retire and recieve concurrent receipt yet unless your 20+ or combat.

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/672198221/m/5700017482001

I've been reading on the TERA issue Congress passed 15 December 2011. It should cary through 2018. I will likely fall between the cracks if entered into the MEB process. Man I really hope not, I have disproved their concerns so far but still have one military doc pushing for Heat Injurt.

Also I am AGR and the TERA likely would not apply just like bonus's.

Never Surrender

One key consideration. TERA retirees are length of service retirees and are eligible for CRDP if they have a VA rating of 50% or more. The 20 year requirement for CRDP only applies to disability retirees. Thus a TERA retiree with 15-19 years will likely get better benefits than a disability retiree with 15-19 years. Not fair but it is.

Mike

15 Years & Out - Topic

I've been reading on the TERA issue Congress passed 15 December 2011. It should cary through 2018. I will likely fall between the cracks if entered into the MEB process. Man I really hope not, I have disproved their concerns so far but still have one military doc pushing for Heat Injurt.

Also I am AGR and the TERA likely would not apply just like bonus's.

Never Surrender

FYI the new MILPERS instruction approved Jul 2011 states you can now request retirement while on LIMDU. Once the PEB is started you cannot. This is a change as you were not allowed to put in a retirement request while on LIMDU previously. I have seen 4 persons who have done this and are accepting LOS retirements instead of PEB processing in the Navy.

Thanks for posting the DTM. I found a current copy of DTM 11-015 and it was very helpful. My PEBLO had told me that he was not authorized to release copies of the completed VA compensation exams to me. in the DTM, I found that its actually a requirement that the PEBLO do so. Prior to reading your post, I did not know DTM 11-015 existed.

Glad it was helpful! I also did not realize that I had not further updated this thread, so I have corrected that and added DTM 11-015, Change 3 (the newest version).

Thank you updating the DTM to the latest version. Given that its directive in nature, it provides good information on what members should expect while in the process.