New DoD Timelines for IDES process

Tietreeana

Registered Member
I entered the IDES process on 8 Aug 2019 and the PEB received my paperwork on 17 Sep 2019 I’m biting my nail and ripping out my hair waiting on a update from my PEBLO. Any advice on the timeline and how long it usually takes for them to respond?

mosoldier67

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I entered the IDES process on 8 Aug 2019 and the PEB received my paperwork on 17 Sep 2019 I’m biting my nail and ripping out my hair waiting on a update from my PEBLO. Any advice on the timeline and how long it usually takes for them to respond?
Mi

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member

The PEB received your MEB package? With you commanders statement and your C & Ps from the VA?

mosoldier67

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
C&P exams complete....NARSUM came two weeks later. I am now waiting on PEB for ratings...it will be two weeks this Friday since I submitted my NARSUM (agreed to all conditions...did not dispute).

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@Tietreeana then it will be a few weeks, the VA ratings will take a while also, the initial PEB will take a week or so to deem your conditions "fitting or unfitting" the VA will be rating your C&Ps and then the PEB will apply those ratings to their Fit/Unfit findings to give you your DoD ratings that will decide your future. you have about 4-6 weeks from the PEB initially receiving your package.

pharmphresh12

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@Tietreeana then it will be a few weeks, the VA ratings will take a while also, the initial PEB will take a week or so to deem your conditions "fitting or unfitting" the VA will be rating your C&Ps and then the PEB will apply those ratings to their Fit/Unfit findings to give you your DoD ratings that will decide your future. you have about 4-6 weeks from the PEB initially receiving your package.
I agree. Fortunately, the process seems to be moving much quicker now than in years past. I have signed off on profiles and it took months in the MEB and 6 months in the PEB. A 4-6 week turnaround from MEB completion to ratings is amazing.

rantcasey

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I see this mainly as wishful thinking now. What do we do if there is a gross/large excess amount of time?

Most of the USMC forum postings of case timelines show that the PEB is taking significantly longer than others. 11 days is stated goals for IPEB, 94 days for myself to be processed for only the IPEB, this does not include VA DRAS, as they still have it. It took 27 of those 94 days to go from final signature in PEB to be sent to the VA. In addition I know there will be a very large excess amount of time when it is returned to the PEB from DRAS.

Is there a way to submit official complaint? In the end, this type of issue causes negligence, mistakes, and a large amount of funding, Marines are being kept on AD 100 days+ longer than other branches due to the PEB.

mosoldier67

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
How does one access the meb/peb dashboard in the new AKO2? Thanks in advance if you know how.

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
From what I’ve seen in this forum, the new ako2 doesn’t support the MEB dashboard.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">