NEW Fort Bliss Timeline

received transition memo today with a final out of march 3!!!! super fast turn around (i was expecting it next month).... tomorrow to bldg 500 to get my orders 60days of terminal leave and 20days ptdy i sign out in 2 weeks!! unbelievable, lets see how much red tape i encounter.

Hmmmm...that sounds familiar. You wouldn't be in my unit would you? =)

received transition memo today with a final out of march 3!!!! super fast turn around (i was expecting it next month).... tomorrow to bldg 500 to get my orders 60days of terminal leave and 20days ptdy i sign out in 2 weeks!! unbelievable, lets see how much red tape i encounter.

WOW. That is what I am talking about. I hope it is that quick for me.

I have completed everything have my 214 in my possession, and signed out on terminal leave. official retirement date of Feb 25 2013. Good luck to you all still waiting.

I just got an email saying that my informal ratings are in and I am to sign them tomorrow. I assume that is the 199 form?

Yes that would be your 199

I finally got my DA 199 on 7 JAN. 30% from the Army and 80% from the VA. I am just waiting on the command memo for award so I can outprocess. They are dragging their feet of course.

I start clearing tomorrow!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

I start clearing tomorrow!! YAY!!!!!!!!!
Wow, thats awesome Sgt Bob. How long until after you signed your 199 and turned everything in to transitions did it take for them to have your orders back to you?

Wow, thats awesome Sgt Bob. How long until after you signed your 199 and turned everything in to transitions did it take for them to have your orders back to you?
Once you sign you 199 its takes about a week to hit TRANSPOC and get a retirement date, then you turn in you retirement packet which should have your 201 file, Da 31, and a medical counseling once you turn that in they can cut your orders

so glad for you bob

Congrats

The way it's working now is I have to turn in my DA31 before orders are issued and I can start clearing.

If you don't mind me asking what did you get on your 199 Bob

Did you do the appeal you were talking about?

I appealed it once during the NARSUM stage and won. Without that appeal, it would probably be 20-30% Army and 70-80% VA.

So did you get your stuff combat related or no? I did a VA reconsideration. I was at 70 dod 80 va