New here and need advise on my case...

Hello it is nice to see that there is a forum like this that could help people going through the MEB/PEB process , just wanted to see you guys opinion on my case. I broke my foot last feb 2015 and was told I had a lisfranc fracture on my left foot, had a ORIF done on it and was put on my 1st LIMDU period then after 9 mos my hardware was removed and put on my second LIMDU period and develop post traumatic arthritis. This last October 2016 I was put in for a 3rd LIMDU period and was told going into a MEB process while on my third LIMDU period I was diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus Type 2 taking metformin and Januvia and also for a adjustment disorder with depressed mood and currently taking anti depression medication for it. I just want to know if I have any chance of getting medical retirement vice separation. the medical board report states all of the one's I said plus this: Obstructive sleep apnea w/CPAP, Hypertension and high cholesterol (Under medication) chronic back pain. any help would be gladly appreciated. thank you. sorry 1st time user here.

Adjustment disorder is a bs diagnoses IMO, I feel it's a lazy- broad stroke diagnosis that doctors give military personnel. Get a second opinion and get someone else with a better understanding of your Conditions . It 1000% depends on exactly what conditions they find you unfit. So they could screw you with 0 percent "adjustment disorder"

Get adjustment disorder taken off your paperwork asap! Get a second opinion , they will single out adjustment disorder and say that alone was your unfitting condition, thus not getting jack shit and getting separated

thanks for the advice guys so having that adjustment disorder will get me separated even with my other conditions. and how would I be able to go back and have them change that findings?

thanks for the advice guys so having that adjustment disorder will get me separated even with my other conditions. and how would I be able to go back and have them change that findings?
First thing to do, which is the most important get a second opinion , secondly once your unfitting conditions reflect your new diagnosis make sure you get that in your narsum and don't agree to the findings until it is in there.. wait..... did you already agree with the findings? If so are you in your 10 day window

I think adjustment disorder will NOT medically disqualify you as unfit. DOD doesn't recognize and give percentages for CAD, the VA will though. Most docs at MTFs will likely give the CAD label early so the service member has "time" and it won't automatically send you to a med board. I agree though-as it is a soft label, it's basically depression but something that is less severe and likely to bounce back from within 6 months. More "situational" as I look at it.

First thing to do, which is the most important get a second opinion , secondly once your unfitting conditions reflect your new diagnosis make sure you get that in your narsum and don't agree to the findings until it is in there.. wait..... did you already agree with the findings? If so are you in your 10 day window
Thank you very much and i will see to it that this is done. I have not agreed with findings yet but have already saw the medical board report from my doctor and was told i was being refered to the peb already is the medical board report the same as a narsum??

I think adjustment disorder will NOT medically disqualify you as unfit. DOD doesn't recognize and give percentages for CAD, the VA will though. Most docs at MTFs will likely give the CAD label early so the service member has "time" and it won't automatically send you to a med board. I agree though-as it is a soft label, it's basically depression but something that is less severe and likely to bounce back from within 6 months. More "situational" as I look at it.
Thank you for that. But for my other stuff like the lisfranc injury left foot with traumatic arthritis and the diabetes mellitus type 2 would give me enough percentage for a medical retirement?

Possibly , it depends on the va . Whatever the va gives you usually the dod follows suit. Except for what we discussed earlier

Possibly , it depends on the va . Whatever the va gives you usually the dod follows suit. Except for what we discussed earlier
ok thank you very much for the help, still looking for other people opinion on the matter if I can have other people who have been on a similar situation chime in. on this thank you..

Just an update did my C&P exams and the mental health person decided to use the first diagnosis my PCM gave me which is major depressive disorder so no more adjustment disorder hopefully this helps out my case.