new IDES claim in ebenefits

Weird. DFAS Retropayments says they do not know why I was "credited". They have 7 days to explain or provide an answer. Meanwhile, I've got a check that I should not cash.

I did the math myself and figured it out. It looks like they paid me retirement for JAN and then added on top of it what my VA payment would have been in JAN too (CRDP). I have not done 20 years and I am not authorized CRDP as far as I can tell. When I add those two figures it comes to the EXACT amount (down to the cent) that DFAS made the check out for. I called and they said they would need to take a week to confirm what the credit was for because the technician that entered it did not list the payment as CRDP.

And now we wait...

Interesting development. I wouldn’t necessarily say you shouldn’t cash it, I just wouldn’t spend the mystery credit portion of it until it’s clarified. It’s just odd that the entity that paid you doesn’t know why they paid you.

Interesting development. I wouldn’t necessarily say you shouldn’t cash it, I just wouldn’t spend the mystery credit portion of it until it’s clarified. It’s just odd that the entity that paid you doesn’t know why they paid you.

Agreed. I will contact them next week to find out how they did the calculation.

I got my back pay from the VA yesterday.

haha well it seems like everyone is getting paid but me...... and what i find frustrating is that im looking at yalls timelines and i was retired before most but have yet to be paid..... theres still a claim open in ebennies as" RETIERMENT PAY VERIFCATION (New)" they say thats for the audit... but seriously how hard is it to audit a 7 year staff who has only went tdy 4 times in 7 years and nothing else..... so i mean i know this seems like bitching/complaining its honestly just frustrating since i will not/ wont ever recieve military retired pay.