New MEB

californiagirl

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My neurologist recently decided to initiate a MEB on me and I have a code 37 . Since I have multiple diagnosis from different specialties, my pcm has to write up everything . Can someone please explain the jargon used in reference to MEB's and the process? Thank you !

Is there anything specific you are looking for clarification on?

NARSUM=Narrative Summary (the docs write-up on what makes you unfit and why medically)
MEB=Medical Eval Board
PEB or IPEB=Informal Physical Eval Board (who says if you are fit or unfit for service)
PEBLO= your liaison in the whole process
MSC=Military Service Coordinator (the person from the VA that helps you)
FPEB=Formal Eval Board (after the IPEB, if you appeal the results...to overturn being unfit or to add conditions)
VARR=VA Rating Reconsider (to "challenge" the ratings the VA recommends for the unfit conditions only)

Providence= The location of the VA office that handles the unfit cases for Air Force
OAC=Office of Airmen's Counsel (your medical board lawyer if you need one)

Impartial Review=unbiased 3rd party to review your case before going to IPEB

That's all I can think of right now.

Is there anything specific you are looking for clarification on?

NARSUM=Narrative Summary (the docs write-up on what makes you unfit and why medically)
MEB=Medical Eval Board
PEB or IPEB=Informal Physical Eval Board (who says if you are fit or unfit for service)
PEBLO= your liaison in the whole process
MSC=Military Service Coordinator (the person from the VA that helps you)
FPEB=Formal Eval Board (after the IPEB, if you appeal the results...to overturn being unfit or to add conditions)
VARR=VA Rating Reconsider (to "challenge" the ratings the VA recommends for the unfit conditions only)

Providence= The location of the VA office that handles the unfit cases for Air Force
OAC=Office of Airmen's Counsel (your medical board lawyer if you need one)

Impartial Review=unbiased 3rd party to review your case before going to IPEB

That's all I can think of right now.

that is your claim and pension done by the va it is also what the Dod uses as well for your ratings and to find unfit for service

it is pretty much everything you claim with your MSC for VA claims as well what you are refered to the MEB for. this appointment is what your ratings come from.

Also keep in mind that every case timeline is different yours could go super fast or slow as smoke just keep your patients during this process. I know some weeks it feels like nothing is going on and you are lost is the system then all of a sudden bam you are being called and getting appointments.

Also keep in mind that every case timeline is different yours could go super fast or slow as smoke just keep your patients during this process. I know some weeks it feels like nothing is going on and you are lost is the system then all of a sudden bam you are being called and getting appointments.

May I ask why you signed for 10% rating? Just wondering. I'm at 20% and have a few more days until I need to sign or appeal....

May I ask why you signed for 10% rating? Just wondering. I'm at 20% and have a few more days until I need to sign or appeal....
yeah no problem i had tarsal tunnel release on my left ankle (they cut the tendon off my nerve) but in the process messed up the nerve in my foot so now it is always painful to walk

My neurologist recently decided to initiate a MEB on me and I have a code 37 . Since I have multiple diagnosis from different specialties, my pcm has to write up everything . Can someone please explain the jargon used in reference to MEB's and the process? Thank you !

This website is a good resource to use http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/, and the DOD disability tab towards the top unpacks the process. Also, one of our members, Warrior644, put together this great thread which also explains the process.
http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/a-detailed-explanation-of-the-dod-ides-meb-peb-process.22807/

Which branch of service are you? Take care

yeah no problem i had tarsal tunnel release on my left ankle (they cut the tendon off my nerve) but in the process messed up the nerve in my foot so now it is always painful to walk

Were there any other conditions that you could have had rated?
I'm being nosey due to my own case. lol

i tried to put my torn calf muscle on the conditions but the army said that it was the cause my my surgery which was bullshit but the doctors down range when i complained about my foot falling asleep and pain shooting up to my knee they said it prob. was because of my calf injury. once i got back to campbell they said that i needed surgery but i had to wait until i got to alaska for that

I know your a chick.. but gotta say it.

Sounds like you're getting the green weenie.

I'm active duty Air Force . Thank you for all your help !

Sorry for hijacking your post. Im also air force active duty (for now). If you have any questions i will help to the best of my ability.

I'm currently being med boarded for migraines | myalgia | back pain | flat feet & plantar fasciitis