New member, recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis starting Remicade

09bbjk

Registered Member
Hello, I would like to introduce myself my name is Tony and I have 19yrs 9months TIS, Army, 18s. I have recently been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and started receiving Remicade infusions. My question is, now what?

I started researching other members threads in regards to UC and the process of a MEB, incase I get referred for one. Trying to get an insight into what I may be facing. My provider mentioned a possible MEB in passing but nothing that I can say for certain I have been recommended for though. What are some things that I should keep in mind, request, and or mention in case my situation does go that route? Any advice will be appreciated, and thank you for your time.

UC LT

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm in the Navy- when I started Entyvio, I was immediately put in for a MEB because of the immune suppression effect making me non-deployable. I'm now waiting for my formal PEB but will definitely be medically retired whether TDRL or PDRL.

I can't speak to Remicade, but I was under the impression all biologics suppress your immune system in one way or another. My assumption is you will be submitted for a MEB but unfortunately the only perspective and experience I can offer you is my own. Hopefully someone else can offer another perspective. Good luck to you!

09bbjk

Registered Member
UC LT thanks. My PCP has stated he will initiate an MEB however I have some other issues that need to be worked up first. So I’m kind of in limbo at the moment which isnt bad, that will afford me the opportunity to begin the Army’s Soldier for life transition assistance program (SFL Tap). I’ve been researching it on my own and believe I have somewhat of an idea what is coming up. Time will tell.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">