script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

New Physical Disability Board of Review for those Separated since 2001

commosgt

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Crash, congratulations!! What was your case number and when did you file with the PDBR? Yea, the VA fuzzy math is always hard to understand. Try this site but i am sure there are others out there. The veterans benefit network has a link I think about a excel spreadsheet that you can do the calculations but this one is online. Service Connected Disability Calculator

Congrats again!! I will be waiting for awhile!!

Crash

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hey CommoSgt, thank you for the congrats. I filed in July 2009. I can get you the case # in a little bit. Basically the board agreed that the Army used the wrong rating code which granted me 10%. They should have used the VA rating codes which of course granted me 30%. Did you file? I seriously can not believe it took a 1 1/2 yrs!

commosgt

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Crash, I was discharged in July o3, given 10% disability! Rated 70% from the VA six months after discharge. Heard about the PDBR from Jason board over a year ago but was going through medical issues was a bit scared to do anything till i met Mike Parker and with his help I filled in October of 2010, the intake unit received all of my stuff real fast and was sent to Crystal City December 15, 2010. My case number is 1184. As you can see the waiting was well worth it. I would say wait to hear from other members but you will find that some of the post's listed under PDBR will give contact information and guidance on what to do next. Keep in mind it will take awhile for the matrix is updated with the new information about you going forward and retirement so be patient. I am curious though I to was giving severance and all of it was paid back (over 30K) and i do have documentation from the regional office that it is paid off. I got this during the time i was about to file with the PDBR. So you are not getting your severance back is that right? That is BS!! Keep in touch and spread the wealth of information so that others learn and gather wisdom.

Bigmann245

Registered Member
Does anyone know the contact phone number for the board? I have a question about my request I sent in. Thank you for your help.

Bigmann245

Registered Member
Thank you very much. I sent my request in for the review and all of a sudden I get a full copy of my military medical records in the mail sent to me. Not sure if the Navy made a mistake and sent it to me and not the board. I want to see if the board has a copy or if I have to mail the copy to them.

Crash

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hey Bigmann245,
You should definitely call and see if they have everything. I called a few times during my appeal and the people at Randolph were real helpful. If you do have to send your medical records make sure you make a copy for yourself. You might be entitled to CRSC through the Navy (I am through the Army) and they will want to see a copy of your med records. Good luck.

-Crash