New to this. Profile question

Mark11

Registered Member
Hey guys I’m writing on behalf of my husband. Since he’s busy with getting into the WTB I figured I would verify some of the responses he’s gotten thus far.
Can anyone Verfy that you need to be on profile for 12 months before a MEB can be initiated? My husband just returned from a deployment and while at de mobilization was refered into WTB for five herniated disk and a couple tears. What is the likely hood of getting a MEB started ASAP. And is there any truth that he must be in the WTB for a year under profile before the MEB will be started.

Many thanks

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
No that's not a requirement it only happens when the provider refers it to the MEB they may want to try treatment or surgery first before initiating a MEB.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Some conditions automatically trigger an MEB. Twelve months on profile is only one of many criteria.

afarcryfromsane

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If he is going to the WTB, there is likely already a path being laid towards the MEB. There is no requirement on length of profile, as mentioned above, and also as mentioned above some conditions automatically trigger the MEB. There is also no requirement he be in the WTB for a certain period of time, as the WTB has no role in the decision to initiate MEB. That will be his Primary Care Manager. The WTB simply exists to support him either in transitioning back to full duty status, or out of the military, and allows his owning unit the opportunity to put a fully capable soldier in his role.

The MEB will start as soon as he receives a permanent profile with a "3" anywhere in his PUHLES score. The 12 month requirement is more for conditions that can be fixed with treatment, physical therapy, surgery, etc, but when no progress is made to bring the soldier back to full duty, the MEB is initiated.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">