Newly diagnosed epilepsy

My son has been in the army for just barely over 1 year now. His current contract is for 3 years. His barrack’s roommate witnessed him have his first seizure just before they were walking out the door to head out to a month long field training at another base. 911 was called and he was ambulanced to the hospital on base. He sustained facial injuries resulting from him face planting into his desk and then the wall. He was then transported to a different civilian hospital for a neurological workup. The stupid base ER doc diagnosed him with syncope, whicubbasically passing out. That seemed absurd to me given the fact that it was a full in witnessed grand mal seizure. The neurologist at the civilian hospital diagnosed him with epilepsy and prescribed depakote. It’s nearly 1 month later and his unit is returning from their training. He has been counseled on not driving, of course.
What will the army do to him now? Will they seek to medboard him out? What are his options? What might be his rating? He has never had a seizure before, but starting in the middle of AIT he began having these weird muscle failures of his arms for a split instance. They progressed into him occasionally loosing all muscle for an instant and he would fall. We have since learned that those were myoclonic jerks. He didn’t say anything because he wasn’t sure what was going on as well as he didn’t want any kind of profile. He has since disclosed this info. I am worried that the hell he has been through this past year will all have been for NOTHING.... no benefits, no GI Bill.....
Can anyone shed some light for me here? Please and THANK YOU.

My son has been in the army for just barely over 1 year now. His current contract is for 3 years. His barrack’s roommate witnessed him have his first seizure just before they were walking out the door to head out to a month long field training at another base. 911 was called and he was ambulanced to the hospital on base. He sustained facial injuries resulting from him face planting into his desk and then the wall. He was then transported to a different civilian hospital for a neurological workup. The stupid base ER doc diagnosed him with syncope, which is basically passing out. That seemed absurd to me given the fact that it was a full on witnessed grand mal seizure. The neurologist at the civilian hospital diagnosed him with epilepsy and prescribed depakote. It’s nearly 1 month later and his unit is returning from their training. He has been counseled on not driving, of course.
What will the army do to him now? Will they seek to medboard him out? What are his options? What might be his rating? He has never had a seizure before, but starting in the middle of AIT he began having these weird muscle failures of his arms for a split instance. They progressed into him occasionally loosing all muscle for an instant and he would fall. We have since learned that those were myoclonic jerks. He didn’t say anything because he wasn’t sure what was going on as well as he didn’t want any kind of profile. He has since disclosed this info. I am worried that the hell he has been through this past year will all have been for NOTHING.... no benefits, no GI Bill.....
Can anyone shed some light for me here? Please and THANK YOU.