Keya10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
how important is the nma letter from your command

Tyler4130

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have heard that the NMA can be up to a third of the decision of whether or not you are fit/unfit. The other two thirds being your NARSUM from your Doc and the medical evidence to support.

dotlak

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
how important is the nma letter from your command
It's important in determining your fit/unfit decision but, not as important as your NARSUM. Your commander can write something good about your job performance and still found unfit by the PEB.

Keya10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My doc basically put no structure damage believes it's all in my head but the va doc says total opposite and command says I can't do my job I'm unfit

Cobra67

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
NMA is very important. When it really should not be, in my opinion, because it is just that a "non-medical assessment". Oxymoron of such for someone who is on a medical board for a medical condition for a non medical provider to give their input.

However, you must know by now how idiotic this system is. So the NMA should help you since it states you cannot do your job.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">